Been having problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I've been having the same exact problem with my HR20-700, and for about three weeks or so. Up until tonight it has been OTA recordings. Tonight however, I watched a D* recording from Monday and started getting split second sound drops, but not the freezes like I get on the OTA channels. I did a quick rewind each time, replayed the sound drop segment again and the problem was gone. This happened several times during the recording. I thought I'd come here first before calling D*. Has anyone found a solution to this since Jimbo's last post or 12-07, or determined what may be the problem?

I have not found an answer to this problem, however, others that have the problem are telling me that it's more than just the OTA channels.

From what I can tell, everyone that is having trouble that I know of are using HR20's, all -700's that I know of.
I wonder if D* would be willing to upgrade us to the HR22 or 23's and throw in the necessary AM21's ?

How are the AM 21's that you guys have used, those of you that have them ?
I still want to use my OTA set up. I get more channels than D* offers me.

From what I can tell, everyone that is having trouble that I know of are using HR20's, all -700's that I know of.
I wonder if D* would be willing to upgrade us to the HR22 or 23's and throw in the necessary AM21's ?

How are the AM 21's that you guys have used, those of you that have them ?
I still want to use my OTA set up. I get more channels than D* offers me.
'm not familiar with the AM21. Is it a seperate connect? Do the HR22 and 23's not have a built in OTA tuner?

'm not familiar with the AM21. Is it a seperate connect? Do the HR22 and 23's not have a built in OTA tuner?

The AM21 is D* add on OTA tuner.....

No D* recvrs newer than the HR20's have a OTA tuner in them.

For some reason, D* decided to no longer put them in the boxes, probably saving them about .10 cents per box. :rolleyes:

Other reasoning could be to get more to activate the local channels thru them, even though a lot of channels are still not available to them locally thru D*.

Yes, mine are, but I prefer to be able to do the OTA thing, I can get more cities that way.

I'm thinking if we could roll back the firmware to before the October update we'd be fine. I've had this same problem for quite awhile also...and I'm thinking that it started around the time of an update I'm pretty sure it was the one in late October, but maybe the one before (iirc, there was a pretty short time between the two last updates).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts