Been With DISH 48 Hours And Am NOT Happy!

There is no 30 day grace on the contract, there is no 30 day upgrade window. The equipment the install on the initial visit is what you get... PERIOD!

I have been through this 3-4 times during the past few months with my customers, and its either the customers fault for not requesting the DVR at the time the order was built, or its the sales persons fault for not entering it correctly on the order.

Out of the 4 simmilar issues I had, 2 times the customer declined to go with the DVR when the sales rep offered to sell the customer one. Unfortunatly for those customers, there was nothing I could do. The other 2 times my agent messed up and 1 case put in a standard definition DVR by mistake when they build the order, or forgot to add the DVR. In both cases where we screwed up I ended up paying the $200 upgrade fee for the customer.

You need to find out who you signed up with and go back to them and have them starighten out this mess. Whoever wrote out the order incorrectly is the one who is paying to fix it.

As far as the installer, he has some of the blame here if he lied to you. Chances are he didn't have a DVR on his truck, and it was easier to lie to you to get out of your house and activate the system to get paid, than it was to modify the work order and spend a few hours driving back to his shop to get you the correct piece of equipment, or having you cancel an install that he already completed.

Actually, back about 3 or 4 years ago, I signed up for an account and ordered an SD receiver. I called back 2 weeks later and decided I wanted a DVR. The CSR on the phone said, "you have 30 days from the day you place an order to change your equipment and have it at the same price as when you signed up". I remember they charged $50 to roll the truck to my house, but other than that, that was it. No begging, no nothing. I fully expected to be charged an upgrade fee, and even explained that to the CSR. So frankly, unless something changed in those 4 years (a good possibility), you are wrong.

Edit: in either case, that is why when I sign up for something, I research and find the exact model of equipment I want and make sure that exact model is what is being brought to me. If it's not, then... sorry, leave.

Because Dish never screws up, right? :rolleyes:

No, but some people have been known to order the wrong equipment then blame it on Dish after they learned their error. Not saying that's the case here, but the OP has completely left the building.

Based on posts here over the years, it's best to verify the equipment you wanted is actually on the truck before allowing the guy to start. I did for the last two visits. Last time, just a few weeks ago, when I moved to EA, I was astonished at how many non-ViP boxes he had on the truck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts