BEIN SPORT Ñ and ESPN DEPORTES HD in test??

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yes, BeinHD, ESPNDHD and finally Playboy HD has video. (ESPNDHD does not have video, just a slate at the moment.)

All are expected to be available by the end of September.

Playboy "subscription" is moving to channel 559 on 8/15 per 589-1. Playboy HD is uplinked on 560.

Makes one wonder if they will do HD only on a PPV basis and the subscriptions will still only get SD. No other reason to use a different channel number for HD.

I think Dish does (or has previously) this with some of their adult channels.

This may point to a 8/15 launch for the other channels in testing.

Yes, BeinHD, ESPNDHD and finally Playboy HD has video. (ESPNDHD does not have video, just a slate at the moment.)

All are expected to be available by the end of September.

La Liga begins next week, I'm hoping they launch Bein Español HD next week. Most European Leagues begin in August. I already have Bein HD but I'm paying $10 extra for the Sports Package just to get that channel. I could save $10. :D

La Liga begins next week, I'm hoping they launch Bein Español HD next week. Most European Leagues begin in August. I already have Bein HD but I'm paying $10 extra for the Sports Package just to get that channel. I could save $10. :D

Are you getting a $3 discount because its normally $13? I rather watch soccer in Spanish because its meant to watch it that way, It just don't sound right in english IMO

Sent from my iPad 2 using SatelliteGuys

Are you getting a $3 discount because its normally $13? I rather watch soccer in Spanish because its meant to watch it that way, It just don't sound right in english IMO

Sent from my iPad 2 using SatelliteGuys

I have HBO and Starz so I get a discount for the 3rd Premium. I'm not sure if it's $10 or $11 but I know I'm paying extra just for that channel. There are no emotions in the English transmissions, the commentators are good and they do make good analysis but they're too mellow when doing the games for my taste. :)

I have HBO and Starz so I get a discount for the 3rd Premium. I'm not sure if it's $10 or $11 but I know I'm paying extra just for that channel. There are no emotions in the English transmissions, the commentators are good and they do make good analysis but they're too mellow when doing the games for my taste. :)

I only pay $7 for the Sports Pack with no other premiums. I got that when I pretended to be upset at the loss of Viacom channels. (I only cared about Comedy Central). I do have En Espanol, too, and no truer statement has been made regarding soccer. I don't even know why the ESPN family carries the games that the Univision family carries - boring! You need the Gooooooooooooooooool! I like the El Salvador coverage that writes GOOOOOL! on the screen like 5 times while the broadcaster is GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLing. I don't speak Spanish well but soccer just makes sense in Spanish.

I only pay $7 for the Sports Pack with no other premiums. I got that when I pretended to be upset at the loss of Viacom channels. (I only cared about Comedy Central). I do have En Espanol, too, and no truer statement has been made regarding soccer. I don't even know why the ESPN family carries the games that the Univision family carries - boring! You need the Gooooooooooooooooool! I like the El Salvador coverage that writes GOOOOOL! on the screen like 5 times while the broadcaster is GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLing. I don't speak Spanish well but soccer just makes sense in Spanish.
I agree but every coverage is different and depends on emotions( and some bias unfortunately) at least for Spanish, While putting Gooool in the screen several times is nice it just seems so outdated like 80's like when they do that. But like I said every coverage is different but it's meant to watch in Spanish because of those emotions :)
Just listen to the soccer broadcaster Andres Cantor from Telemundo which was famous for his GOOOOOOOOOL, although it now sounds raspy when he does it.

Oh it looks cheesy. Most of the games on ch 429 are kinda cheesy, but the emotion you speak of is far superior to a flashy, noisy, screen-hogging ESPN graphic.

I dont speak spanish nor do I sub to the programming, but I do enjoy soccer, as I played all four years of High School, middle school, and Intramural leagues. I wish they had more games on regular sports channels.

Oh it looks cheesy. Most of the games on ch 429 are kinda cheesy, but the emotion you speak of is far superior to a flashy, noisy, screen-hogging ESPN graphic.

I can't even watch soccer on ch 429 it hurts my eyes with all that blurriness, That's why I needed beIN sports Espanol HD and ESPN Deportes HD, now if they add Fox Deportes HD then I'm all set. Although bringing back GolTV HD would be nice but I doubt it will happen.

Although bringing back GolTV HD would be nice but I doubt it will happen.

I think it was GolTV's decision to pull their HD channel when they renewed their contract with Directv. Big mistake on their part because they lost audience, at least they lost me because I'm not watching soccer in SD. Once you watch it in HD, you can't watch soccer in SD. :)

It is truly awful. It's slightly better if you keep it in aspect ratio (pillar box) but not significantly. I wonder how much room there is on the 119 for HD? You'd think a lot more than 99 and 103, but what do I know?

Now if only all the sports channels were together I'm the guide... National, regional, English, Spanish, whatever!

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)