Being charged for lease receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jlhugh

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 25, 2003
Austin, Texas, United States
when I own the thing. I bought a 522 off of ebay back in August. I sent back the 510 I was leasing and activated this one instead. Everything was working great until I got this month's bill. Showed a leased receiver fee of 5 buck and a prorate one for 2.74. I called and they said I called in and leased a receiver on may 8th. I told them I have been using the same receiver since I bought it in august and I am not going to pay that fee. He told me even though it was purchased I was going to be charged this fee. I said "WRONG ANSWER." After about 20 minutes of trying to explain to the foreign dude that I owned the thing he finally took the charges off (I hope). It is not suppose to show up again. We will see. Anybody else have to go through this?

jlhugh said:
when I own the thing. I bought a 522 off of ebay back in August. I sent back the 510 I was leasing and activated this one instead. Everything was working great until I got this month's bill. Showed a leased receiver fee of 5 buck and a prorate one for 2.74. I called and they said I called in and leased a receiver on may 8th. I told them I have been using the same receiver since I bought it in august and I am not going to pay that fee. He told me even though it was purchased I was going to be charged this fee. I said "WRONG ANSWER." After about 20 minutes of trying to explain to the foreign dude that I owned the thing he finally took the charges off (I hope). It is not suppose to show up again. We will see. Anybody else have to go through this?

Call Tech support and find out if the charged has been removed.

jlhugh said:

Even if you purchase a new receiver and activate the receiver as a secondary receiver there is a $5.00 fee for each extra receiver after your primary receiver.

If you lease a receiver as a secondary receiver then you only pay a lease fee instead of the Mirror fee for an secondary receiver.

In Summary, you will always pay an additional $5.00 for extra secondary receiver whether that is called a Lease Fee or Mirror Fee. Since Dish Billing cycle is not the always the same as when you add or remove a Receiver you will OFTEN pay a ProRated service charge, remember as well that Dish Bills one month in advance so you will be hit with either a Double Fee or a Fee and a Prorated fee. Lastly Dish Does NOT credit back Mirror Fees or Lease fees that were already billed and paid for.

John

Last edited:
well you need to call and have the lease fee changed to an additional outlet fee because it sounds to me that when someone activated it they selected leased instead of purchased, i have seen it a million times and it even happened to me, but make sure also that your receiver is connected to a phone line because the fee you are seeing may be a additional outlet programming access fee for no phone line connection but then it would say that on your bill, hope this helps

Last edited:
if you don't have the lease fee changed to additional outlet fee then you will have to return the receiver if you ever disconnect, but then again it is always covered under warrenty because it shows as leased

Warranty is only for proscribed time period. If you have a failure after the stated time period, repair is your responsibility.

Just because you lease a receiver, does not obligate Dish to repair it forever, you must pay for continued warranty coverage.

richmondr said:
if you don't have the lease fee changed to additional outlet fee then you will have to return the receiver if you ever disconnect, but then again it is always covered under warrenty because it shows as leased

True. Leased receivers are covered. Even without DHPP.

jlhugh said:

:devil: ...ummmm....what was the question again? :up Your avatar completely distracted me from the message

billing question...
I have a 211 and a 411,both leased,they are charging me 5.00 for each one,is that correct?or should they be charging just 5.00,for the 2nd one?
thanks in advance

if somehow you upgrade through dish n up promotion then the receivers have a lease fee no matter how many receivers you have, even if you have only one

they charged me a leased receiver fee and the additional receiver fee. I did the switch back last august and it has been right up until this month. i think someone has been messing with my account over at E*.

I did a Dish in it Up a year or so ago, and added a 522 to my owned 510 and 301...
On the next bill I got I got charged a lease fee on two receivers... When I called in the Rep told me that they were all leased receivers. He told me that I needed to check with the installation company and see what promotion I obtained the original receviers under.
At that point I snapped, informed him that I was the original sales rep(ran my own applications, under the FreeDish promo), and installer. And that I also ran my own contracts for the DIU and installed it myself. At that point he goes "O, well let me see what I can do.... a few minutes later he's back, problem fixed.

Point of the story, it's pretty crappy how some Rep's treat their customers just because the customer may not know better. If I was a regular customer I probably would have accepted his response and would have called the retailer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)