Being charged programming change fee 5 times

b_pat

Original poster
Aug 2, 2008
I am about to downgrade from America's Everything Pak to the Smart Pak and on the final page where you submit changes I noticed I was being charged the $5 programming change fee 5 times. Does anyone have an explanation for this or is it simply an error?

I've attached a screenshot.

Thanks!

programming_change_fees.jpg

you might want to PM a DIRT (dish internet response team) member...their names are in red on the main forum page

I am about to downgrade from America's Everything Pak to the Smart Pak and on the final page where you submit changes I noticed I was being charged the $5 programming change fee 5 times. Does anyone have an explanation for this or is it simply an error?

I've attached a screenshot.

Thanks!

View attachment 84196

Can you please PM me your account or phone number and the four digit security code? I will review your account and see what I can do. Thank you!

It's probably because the automated system is mistakenly adding a $5 fee for each downgrade. And, since AEP is basically AT250 plus 4 premium packages, it is wrongly adding it up to 5 separate downgrades.

Think you nailed it Gary.Which leads to....Dish really needs to work on the automated system.I see way too many complaints of overcharges,something being added that wasn't supposed to etc.

notice the discrepancy is always in their favor......go ahead hit the dislike button all you guys in love with Charley.....LMAO

Definitely noticed that. Dish isn't the only company that does it though.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

Have you tried logging out and back in and attempt to make the change again to verify it doesn't appear 5x again?

Yeah, the duplicate charges appear every time.

I think I know what's happening. When I change from Everything Pak to Smart Pak the 4 movie packages remain checked and I have to uncheck them. Then before the submit page I'm offered all 4 packages for 6 months at half off. I suspect the glitch has to do with that promotion.

Yeah, everybody that gets something in their favor brags about it here!!! I'm just about to ignore 'the mack' who I am sure is Haller's brother or alter ego....

Just to clarify for everyone. The Programming Change fee of $5.00 is a fee that is charged if the customer removes programming in 30 days or less from the date that same programming was added. If a customer added HBO twenty (20) days ago and now wants to change their core packaging from AT120 to AT200, they will NOT be charged a $5 Programming Change Fee (as long as they have had AT120 for more then 30 days). However, if a customer added HBO twenty (20) days ago and now wants to take HBO off their account, they WILL be charged a $5 Programming Change Fee.
This is per programming package within 30 days of the previous change. We do allow new customers to make unlimited changes for the first 60 days but this is a legitimate fee from DISH.

Still, have you made any changes to your programming in the last 30 days? I was under the impression that the change fee is only charged when a change is made within 30 days of the last change.

Yeah, everybody that gets something in their favor brags about it here!!! I'm just about to ignore 'the mack' who I am sure is Haller's brother or alter ego....
I was just about to say the same thing. "We only hear about the errors not in the customer's favor here so it must always be not in the customer's favor."

Maybe I should post my experience about getting 4 free tires from walmart.com due to a billing error.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts