Bell Express in Arizona

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mobile1

Original poster
I 'm spending the winter in Phoenix Arizona and would like to be able to watch my Bell satellite service here. Talked to a satellite installer here and he told me i would only be able to get regular programming and not any High definition services. Is anybody else using Bell in the Phoenix area and if so how does it work down here. The installer was going to supply the standard Direct TV dish so I wonder if a larger dish with more gain would work here.
Thanks

Sparkman yes he said he knows he cant get HD he was asking about SD.

Mobile1 if you look at the footprint maps you should be okay in AZ. Im sure I've seen postings from folks there somewhere on this board or another one. If nobody fm AZ answers this post maybe you could search the forum for AZ or NM. Good luck!

as of right now Nimiq1 reaches Arizona fine. But nImiq6 is going up soon and has the same footprint as the 82 sat so after that you'll be outta luck

Lets hope they wait till April to do this they would be flooded with people putting there sat on vacation and I would be one of them.

Talked to a satellite installer here and he told me i would only be able to get regular programming and not any High definition services.

yes he is correct...HD is on 82w and you can not get that satellite there

very soon you will not get 91w there also....

Make arrangements between now and next winter to switch to Shaw Direct.
When equipped with proper antenna(s) it will work reliably in Arizona, and picture quality is much better than Bell.
Bell has made it perfectly clear that they do not want their signals spilling outside of Canada, and goes to extreme lengths to shut off legitimate Canadian subscribers that want to view their service at their southern winter locations. Shaw has the common sense to encourage paying customers 12 months a year, with its signal covering not only the US and Canada, but Belize, Honduras, Guatemala, and with large enough antennas---slightly beyond.

Telesat/Shaw have no choice - the Extended Ku band is not authorized for satellite only service in the US or Mexico. The Extended Ku footprint on G1 will be similiar to the Ku footprint on the old Anik E2

Telesat/Shaw have no choice - the Extended Ku band is not authorized for satellite only service in the US or Mexico. The Extended Ku footprint on G1 will be similiar to the Ku footprint on the old Anik E2

....and so is it likely that Shaw will continue to provide the same channels from Anik F1R and Anik F2, at least for remaining life of the satellites?

....and if so, will we still be able to use our now-older quad LNB's to pick up F1R and F2, even after the migration to the xku LNB is complete?

This xku thing is not good news for HAFH-ers in the southern US.......

Yes you will still be able to use quad LNBFs for MPEG4 reception from F1R/F2. They will actually be adding more HD to these 2 satellites when HD MPEG4 is implemented. There are no MPEG4 maps for stacked LNBFs

Expressvu

Today we moved 150 miles when I set up the expressvu it went to 100% on 91 when I canceled the signal meter the green guide download went across in an instant,I wonder if something is going on it usually takes 15 seconds for the guide to download and the signal has never been more than 80%. We are in Arizona

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts