Bell Expressvu, Finally !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll just stick with the 6100 for now. Might just get a standalone HDTV recorder which are really coming down in price.

pro96 said:
I'll just stick with the 6100 for now. Might just get a standalone HDTV recorder which are really coming down in price.

Where are you getting this from? Are you making your own? There are none that can record from component video or ecnrypted video.

ramy said:
Where are you getting this from? Are you making your own? There are none that can record from component video or ecnrypted video.

Sure there is.. JVC makes a DVHS recorder that has component in and out. Of course its like $4k, but it does exist.

I believe there is also a Firewire mod for the Dish 6000/ BEV 6100 that allows for digital capture of the transport stream.

ultatryon said:
I believe there is also a Firewire mod for the Dish 6000/ BEV 6100 that allows for digital capture of the transport stream.

Now we talking ! :clap

Any info on where I can find that mod for my 6100??

I dont know if they do them anymore.. but I have read about it in the past.

It was a company that did them for a fee.. kinda like the 169time mod for the Motorola HDD200 decoder..

Or.........

You can always sell off your Bell system, and pick up a Starchoice DSR530, for less then the cost of a modded BEV 6000... ;)

But there I go again, being a SC promoter ;)

ultatryon said:
Or.........

You can always sell off your Bell system, and pick up a Starchoice DSR530, for less then the cost of a modded BEV 6000... ;)

But there I go again, being a SC promoter ;)

Hehehehe.. Nice try. :yes

ultatryon said:
hey, at least that way you dont have to worry about loss of signal because of N3, and the fabled N4 ;)

when that day happens, I will move to CANADA.. LOL :neener

pro96 said:
Iceberg, looks like most of the Nimiq3 channels don't come in at all here in SoCal that you have listed in the link.

To me my main concern are the HDTV channels, and hopefully they stay as is with very strong signal. :rolleyes:

BTW Ice:

I got an email confirmation re: my 9200 back order, and now they have it available for the ones in the list. Since I'd already have the 6100 activated, can a broker activate a 2nd unit in the same account? Or can the 6100 be switched over to the 9200 although the 6100 has less then a week active?

Let me know whenever you have a free moment.

Thanks

I wonder if you can help me. I am having a huge problem getting my bev up. I had all the channels and lost them. Got a new dish 500 and 6100 and still am only getting about 30 channels..

Any help, I am down the road from you in Simi Valley.

Thanks!

Brian

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)