Bell Expressvu HD quality

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

311Man

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 11, 2006
Just wondering what the quality is of BEV HD? I've read a lot of threads about D* and "HD Lite" and picture quality on HD. Does BEV HD fall in that same category where they tamper with the HD picture?

That's good to hear (as an Exp. Vu subscriber) but I've noticed that since the early HD days, things seem to have gotten progressively worse even for Express-Vu. Not all the channels are created equal and I believe the PQ used to be much better. There's not too much on there that'll make me say "wow".

I'm not a sub...so I'm just repeating what I've heard from a few others around the net.

Most of the programming BellVu runs is 1280X720P. I haven't heard anyone complain about the PQ quality of their HD so I guess no news is good news.

I guess I really don't have anything to compare it with.......I'd love to have a DVB card and video card with HD output but that's not in my budget at the moment. I'm sure someone on here must have ExpressVu HD and a FTA HD setup to compare.

Inno said:
I guess I really don't have anything to compare it with.......I'd love to have a DVB card and video card with HD output but that's not in my budget at the moment. I'm sure someone on here must have ExpressVu HD and a FTA HD setup to compare.

There's no comparison to some of the broadcast quality HD that you see FTA at 35mbps. You'll never see that on consumer satellite.

That's what I hear..........makes me drool just thinking about it.........just seems like such a waste for all those people that have spent their hard earned money for a HDTV and they're not even getting the total experience. I've heard customers ask "why did I just spend $X,000 on this thing?". The industry is not doing itself a favour if you ask me in providing "watered down" HD. We live in a "good enough" society where the majority want more, not better. But that's a topic for another forum............and I know it's already being discussed.

Inno said:
That's what I hear..........makes me drool just thinking about it.........just seems like such a waste for all those people that have spent their hard earned money for a HDTV and they're not even getting the total experience. I've heard customers ask "why did I just spend $X,000 on this thing?". The industry is not doing itself a favour if you ask me in providing "watered down" HD. We live in a "good enough" society where the majority want more, not better. But that's a topic for another forum............and I know it's already being discussed.

The spectrum isn't there for 30mbps HD channels.

A 30 mbps HD channel would takeup almost a whole TP on expressvu.
They are still using QPSK on the TPs.

A little while back NBCE HD was ITC on 82w.

Came in at about 16 Mbps at 1920 x 1080

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts