Bell Expressvu HD Sim Sub

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
How bad is the Sim Subbing on the Expressvu HD channels for the American networks? Do they sub it with SD content or the Canadian HD feed? Which shows/events are done? Is it only for special events like the Grammys or would it happen for CSI?

Any help would be appreciated

ramy said:
Any help would be appreciated

They did it again last night - subbing Global HD for Fox.

Best advice is to go with the service that gives better PQ - both SD and HD - with ZERO HD simsubs - Star Choice

I know they weren't...due to complaints. The complaints being the rule for simsubs EVu was violating. The rule is if you simsub, the picture must be the same or better than the original. They pulled HD simsubs because it wasn't

But according to above, I guess they started again

dunno if it works but i read a post a while back about unplugging then plugging back in receiver to get rid of simsubs. i dont know if it works.

I should be getting my ExpressVU HD dish and putting it up this weekend. I will be able to report what I find. :)

Although now that I think about it I doubt I will watch much HD on ExpressVu since it seems as though the Red Green Show is always on one channel or another on ExpressVu at any time. :D

Uplink said:
dunno if it works but i read a post a while back about unplugging then plugging back in receiver to get rid of simsubs. i dont know if it works.
THat is/was for starchoice.

I haven't seen any simsubs on Bell HD since about November.

Uplink said:

That's StarChoice but its irrelevant since they don't do HD Simsubs

Scott Greczkowski said:
I should be getting my ExpressVU HD dish and putting it up this weekend. I will be able to report what I find. :)

Although now that I think about it I doubt I will watch much HD on ExpressVu since it seems as though the Red Green Show is always on one channel or another on ExpressVu at any time. :D

5 times a day on CBC (same show at 12:30)
10 times on Friday (12:30 local and new shows at 7 local)
4 times a day on Comedy (same show)
6:30 Saturday nights (since no Hockey :(

You'll get your fill...also you have to watch "Chilly Beach". Its a cartoon (like South Park but your kids could watch it without issues)

I just watched "Johny Zero" on the fox channel East simsub by Global and to be honest, I didn't seem any decrease in HD quality.

Francisco

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts