Bell ExpressVu LNBFs

buckspaul

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
No BEV Receiver Signal! LNBFs

:confused: does BEV require legency type LNBFs only. I have heard Dish Pro LBNFs doen't work on BEV? will the old dish digital LBNFs work (type used on dish 3000) help.

Reason im asking is i alligned my 20 inch dish today with two indvidual dish digital LNBFs to get 82 and 91 (not dish pro) the initial meter reading is very good but i cant get any signal on the receiver (BEV 3100). there are no obstructions. check switch isnt detecting the lnbfs at all. help

all cordinates are correct for my location and verfied im stumped.

You should be able to use legacy LNB's on any Bell receiver. Dish Pro works fine on the following receivers:

When putting a Dish Pro LNB on, I would run the check switch first before trying to aim.

Life span for an LNB

Can anyone tell me how long my LNB is good for? It is from an older dish and I am guessing 10 yrs of age or so, and all this time spent in the Florida sunshine. I now use it up north. Trying to improve my signal strength and thought perhaps a new LNB might help...wondering I am. Phil

what are your signal strengths on transponderes 13 & 14?
where ya located (general area)?

to get the TP strength screen, menu 6-1-1 and change transponder (tp) to 13

really the only way to improve a weaker signal is a larger dish...but remeber that a 60 or a 90 signal will give you the same picture...its rain fade (or snow fade) that would be the difference :)

signal strength

Thanks IceBerg..I will check 13 and 14 later. Transponder15 is my weak signal and my local channel as well. The dish is located in Halifax NS and set up on a balcony..not the best..but worked fine last summer. I winter in Florida and get perfect signals there..except for those transponders on the old Direct TV satellite, as you know . On 15 I average 55% to 60%, however, wet weather weakens the signal too much. I use the 6-1-1 routine to check all channels. How do I switch over to transponder 13 as you suggest? I'd be happy with a steady 70% on transponder 15..thanks for your help...seavu

signals

Just looked at transponder13 and it swings 58 to 60%. When using the 6-1-1 check, how can I easily switch from transponder to transponder without going back and working my way up each channel, to search out the different transponders. Or can it be so simple as that???? seavu

to change TP, you can arrow to highlight the list and then just go channel up/down

what size dish?

60 seems low for Halifax (considering that is part of the footrpint). I use to get around 80-82 with my 20" dish and higher with a 24"

signal

IceBerg..thanks for your reply. My dish is an older RCA 18" dish...I do need to go bigger!! I am trying to acquire a 24 and when I get that I know I will see a big change with the signal strength. Part of my problem also is a large tree limb that is in the sight line...wish it would blow down. Must also mention that I live in a condo and dishes are a no-no on our building. So I have it self standing on my balcony with the dish covered with a pillow case to "hide" it. The signal is the same covered or not. Will keep you posted...

24" dish

I tried a 24 dish and got little siganl improvment. Looks like a tree limb has to go..and a big limb it is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts