bell in north jersey

hockeyfan75

Original poster
looking to get bell as i got dishtv now with dish500 dish been reading on here about the best thing do do is keep the dish 500 for 91 and get a seperate large 36 inch dish for 82 and hd programming i want to do this myself how would i got about doing it installing the two separate dishes. im using my .cousins address in ontario and have the box already, ed

Good luck with 82. You're going to need it.

I'm in Morris County and I canceled Bell last year after trying a few different things. Admittedly getting another dish wasn't one of them but the signal was so weak that I didn't see the point in wasting my time. With DirecTV having almost every game in HD at this point it just wasn't worth the bother.

But if you want to give it a go you'll need a multswitch to combine the signals from the two dishes. It's really no different than having two LNBs on one dish.

Well I pick up HD on 82 during most of the day and early night here in middle Colorado. At night 82 wobbles like a drunken sailor and goes away until the wee hours of the morning. In Jersey you should be able to pick it up no problem. Keep in mind the bigger the dish, the HARDER it is to aim it correctly. But once you do, the signals are great. I am using a 1.2m dish just for 82, and the standard dish for 91.

I live in Torrington,CT . I've had Bell for 7 years and never had problems using a Dish 500. My signal is 88 @ 82 degrees and 55 @ 91. I do have some rain fade but no worse than Dish. Seems like NJ is less than 100 south. Is the signal that much worse? I put my own Dish up but I just set it when I had a signal, I did not try to get the absolute best signal.

Bell carries CBC East and West, TSN East and West plus the Sports Nets almost all the games are in HD. The Commentators really know their games, the between period Analysts are far better than the games on US networks. Center Ice has some of the Canadian games but often they are not in HD. The Rangers are usually blacked out in Northern CT so I also have Cablevision for those games.

Last edited:
Until the footprint changed I had a rock solid signal on 82 and really enjoyed the hockey coverage. With the NHL Network picking up the HNIC double headers and the Wednesday TSN games, I just can't see spending the money to do this anymore.

If you plan to use a 36 inch dish I see no problem for you in NJ.

I am in Nashville, TN and tried a 36 inch and found I could pull all TP's in during the day but lost a few at night. With a 1.2 m Fortec I can now keep all TP's 24/7 on 82W.

As Nashville is a good 300 miles south of you, I cannot imagine you would have any problems at all.

Lots of people complain about finding 82W in NJ. I think they must be clsoe to the Eastern fringe of the beam just like you OnlineLC are on the the Southern fringe.

ah i set it up today first im trying the dish500 91 is perfect most of the transponders are in the 90s.. 82 is challenging transponders are in high 50s maybe im not aiming 82 correctly going to but the 36 inch up next weekend. i have a multiswitch. not familar how to set up two dishes though. help

yeah in clear dry air yes otherwise its doesnt work.. i need some help with trying to set up the two dishes details appreciated im not the tech inclined here. ed.

That's what I've been trying to tell you. 82 is almost impossible to pick up in Jersey. I am technically inclined and I gave up.

Shaw would be a better bet.

its not impossible the signal on 82 is there its just low just need to put up a 36 inch dish cant afford to invest any money on shaw hardware at this point going to find someone to install. any good sites to find satellite installers nationwide in my area im in hunterdon county

ServiceMagic.com is good. It is free for you and no obligation. I used them for lots of things. The contractors have to pay to be a part of it. You say what you want and where you are, they contact everyone qualified for you with the details, and then they call you.

Also dont forget CraigsList. Good place to look too, but then anyone can post there.

its not impossible the signal on 82 is there its just low just need to put up a 36 inch dish cant afford to invest any money on shaw hardware at this point going to find someone to install. any good sites to find satellite installers nationwide in my area im in hunterdon county

Keep me updated...I'm not all that far from you, in Morris County, right on the Somerset County border.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts