Bell Swapping Smartcards - Get ready for the cheap FTA gear!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Perhaps if the hackers get wind of this then they will end up trying to crack the encryption where the cards are in place now wanting a head start so by the time they start doing the swap they will have a fix ready for it or it wont take as long. I can imagine them keeping it a secret until the swap is half way through or already done so they wont change their mind and work on another card to cost the satellite company more money.

The hackers know all about it, after all it is now mentioned on the ExpressVu website and there is a video (see above) showing folks how to change their smartcard.

The only ones upset about this are the hackers. Again Legal customers should not care at all. :)

Maybe Dish Network will wait to see if ExpressVu gets hacked shortly after a swap before Dish does their swap.

I usually try to stay out of posts like these, but I have to say - too bad they didn't wait a bit longer so that there were more HD receivers with all the bells and whistles out there in the hackers hands. It'd make picking up a cheap all-encompassing HD receiver all the sweeter when it came from the hands of an ex-hacker for 10% of the original price ;)

I usually try to stay out of posts like these, but I have to say - too bad they didn't wait a bit longer so that there were more HD receivers with all the bells and whistles out there in the hackers hands. It'd make picking up a cheap all-encompassing HD receiver all the sweeter when it came from the hands of an ex-hacker for 10% of the original price ;)

I second that :)

I thought DISH owned Nag or had a interest in that company that was my guess in why they will stay with them, well until he can sell the company :) or has that passed for now??? Been in my snow cave not watching the DISH news on the site got tired of the post after post of HD war hahahahahahahha

Not like it matters just have to remember to open my bill or mail with card forgot to do that on one of the last card changes shocking it went dark though maybe my auto pay went to crap call to C/S and them telling me to open my mail fixed the problem.

What are you guys going to do when they switch Galaxy10r satellite and other worthwhile satellites to a different bird and get rid of all analog signals,You will have to pay $80 a month to watch crap.I don't agree with these hacked systems but I know a lot people have them,and alot are lower income families that can't afford the providers lowest package of $45.I guess these people can go back to there antenna's, oops thats right everythings going digital.Myself I have town cable and I have been picking up galaxy10r just for fun.I know in rural areas there are 2 local channels unless you have a box.

You guys that want hd receivers for cheap why mostly if theres nothing to watch, is there some truefta hd channels out there.If there is where are they

If they switch the G-10R programming to a different satellite, I will re-aim my fixed dish (assuming they stay Ku). The more immediate problem is what to do when they switch to DVB-S2 in the near future.

As for analog, there is very little of it up there anyway, most of what we are watching is DVB digital streams. Again, the bigger problem is switching to DVB-S2.

Although there is only one 24/7 HD channel (PBS-HD), there are a good number of feeds in HD that come and go during sporting events. There are also networks in HD on C-Band.

I don't agree with these hacked systems but I know a lot people have them,and alot are lower income families that can't afford the providers lowest package of $45.I guess these people can go back to there antenna's, oops thats right everythings going digital.

Antennas can pick up digital OTA programming, so that's no excuse.

What are you guys going to do when they switch Galaxy10r satellite and other worthwhile satellites to a different bird and get rid of all analog signals
Hmm I don't really watch analog much these days, I swing by G-10 once in a while but with so many great channels to choose from I am constantly on other birds.

but I know a lot people have them,and alot are lower income families that can't afford the providers lowest package of $45.

Hmm thats odd, most people I know that have them are the average Joe, and I personally know 3 guys that are pretty well off that hack.

You guys that want hd receivers for cheap why mostly if theres nothing to watch, is there some truefta hd channels out there.If there is where are they

These are tons are great things to watch on dvb in HD, picture quality is super, it's good that not many know about what's up there though because if to many find out then that would be bad.

Exactly .. TRUE FTA is great fun anyhow..

So if there is "nothing" to watch for "them", lets assume.. - why would they sell, as someone suggested / is dreaming above .. for 10 % of what they paid, lol?? :)

Of course, some cases might happen.. (anything can happen here and there.. people win 6/49 also occasionally after all) - but it won't be as wide spread as you might hope..

Lets assume someone paid $500 (or whatever) for their FTA HD unit.. - lol - 10% - is like 50 bucks ONLY :D

WTF.. - 50 bucks is REALLY going to make one much richer???

To start with.. anyone with half-brain (if there is "nothing" else for "them" lets assume again to watch) - should just point their dishes, eventually, to some TRUE FTA bird(s), get a motor, etc.. and join another great hobby.. legit TRUE FTA one.. - Join the "proper" club another words.. :)

There is lots of stuff out there.. - and it's a great fun.. - learning-wise .. statistical-wise, etc etc..

Others though (say the ones that don't have enough brains / desire to join the TRUE FTA hobby).. - just to get lousy $50 bucks.. if they paid $500 for the unit say.. - would be pretty dumb ..hehe...

Exceptions might happen of course here and there.. BUT ...again.. - $50 bucks, nowadays, won't put much food on their tables, .. or won't put much gas in their tanks.. (be realistic!) - don't want to join the legit FTA hobby.. - just throw the freaking thing in the closet somewhere.. and keep it as a trophy / souvenir :D

Besides.. - who da heck knows what the future holds.. - surely better just wait and see...
(cuz past/last card swap people were saying / laughing / hoping / celebrating ahead of time... the same way.. and then look what happened)

It more likely be more secure than the current one.. - but one never knows though.. as digiblur said above ..something like "if something is human-made .. very possible that something can be human-broken some day"

Time .. will show..

Could be the end .. but then again.. - "quiet" observation from the side-lines is often smarter thing to do.. .. - interesting also..

Of course reading these types of threads.. is entertaining as well :D

and NON-HD FTA receivers.. - are they REALLY that expensive nowadays that it's hard for one to afford one for the great FTA hobby?

Like 150, 100 bucks or often even less - can buy one a great FTA receiver..

Gotto be really thrifty / cheap to want to participate in the FTA hobby .. and state that it's very costly to pick up a receiver or two...

Come on! :)

eat FTA receiver..

Gotto be really thrifty / cheap to want to participate in the FTA hobby .. and state that it's very costly to pick up a receiver or two...

Some of us ARE cheap. I have less money in THREE motorized FTA setups than in 1 year of paying Directv when I had it. And If I could get away cheaper I would. If I wanted to spend 400.00 evey six months I would still have directv! :)

I hear you.. :)

Some just don't care that much i guess.. - maybe they live by the "We live once only" concept :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)