Ben Affleck is the next Batman

Okay. I don't see the logic, but I am also not Christopher Nolan.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

I don't think Nolan is part of these new movies Affleck signed on for. He may have some kind of producer role but he's not the writer or director. From what I have seen it sounds like Nolan and Bale are both done with batman.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Nolan and Bale are done with their trilogy. Who knows whether Warner Bros will eventually continue with the plotline after the last Batman movie. This next Superman/Batman is Warner Bros attempt to eventually setup The Justice League storyline within the DC universe and copy Marvels universe of slightly intermixed storylines with The Avengers.

I got burnt-out on the Batman movies back in the days of Michael Keaton. I vote for giving Batman a 20-year hiatus and making me actually miss 'em.

I don't know about waiting 20 years but I would have liked a break too. The Nolan/Bale trilogy was great. It seems strange to already have a new Batman so soon after it.

To be fair this will be a sequel to the Superman movie that came out this year with Affleck appearing as batman, not a whole new batman franchise. Reportedly Affleck has signed on for multiple movies though.

I think it's pretty clear that they are trying to cash in on the success Marvel had with all of their separate movies and then combining everything into The Avengers. If this new Superman/Batman movie does well they will probably make a sequel including more Justice League heroes.

Nolan and Bale are done with their trilogy. Who knows whether Warner Bros will eventually continue with the plotline after the last Batman movie. This next Superman/Batman is Warner Bros attempt to eventually setup The Justice League storyline within the DC universe and copy Marvels universe of slightly intermixed storylines with The Avengers.

Exactly. While I was typing up my longer winded version of that you beat me to it.

I got burnt-out on the Batman movies back in the days of Michael Keaton. I vote for giving Batman a 20-year hiatus and making me actually miss 'em.

As long as they churn out the cash they will keep making them. The last 2 movies each did over $1 Billion world wide... Even the much hated Batman and Robin did over $200 million world wide...

At one point Nolan was going to be the EP for all of the Superman/Batman/Justice League projects but he appears to no longer be involved.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

I think picking an older Affleck for the "reboot" of batman for Justice League is a utter mistake. I dont doubt he can sell it, but he is in his 40's. Going with someone younger thats in it for the long haul would have been a better move. All the DC comic versions were just rebooted, and Batman is young. You can only be so old and do the stuff he does day in and day out. I hope they dont plan to relegate him to a few JLA movies. A writer for MoS stated that in the universe there were other heroes, but maybe they had not come out yet. Reason why you see a Wayne logo in MoS but no mention of Batman. So, is a Wayne in his 40's just all of a sudden gonna decide to be Batman after Superman shows up? Dumb. A more recent quote says on older, wiser Batman will mix it up with the younger Superman in the next film, which now means to me they may have changed their mind and maybe Batman has been around awhile. Or it could just be they dont have a clue.

We get great movies from iron man, who is not even a top tier character, yet they keep crapping on more popular characters like Wolverine. I had more faith after seeing MoS that DC was gonna bring it, now Im losing that faith.

This guy would have been a great consideration for a younger Batman:

3069068-1096586437-scott.jpg

scott-adkins-boyka-fight.jpg

tumblr-mfeg-balx-rjlb-oo-1295063385.jpg

You dont need a big name to sell Batman, you need someone who can fit the role. I just dont see Affleck selling Batman in fight scenes. I would rather have a 20 something Wayne with plans for more solo movies, right now I just dont see how many solo flicks you get with Ben.

Last edited:
I think picking an older Affleck for the "reboot" of batman for Justice League is a utter mistake. I dont doubt he can sell it, but he is in his 40's. Going with someone younger thats in it for the long haul would have been a better move. All the DC comic versions were just rebooted, and Batman is young. You can only be so old and do the stuff he does day in and day out. I hope they dont plan to relegate him to a few JLA movies. A writer for MoS stated that in the universe there were other heroes, but maybe they had not come out yet. Reason why you see a Wayne logo in MoS but no mention of Batman. So, is a Wayne in his 40's just all of a sudden gonna decide to be Batman after Superman shows up? Dumb. A more recent quote says on older, wiser Batman will mix it up with the younger Superman in the next film, which now means to me they may have changed their mind and maybe Batman has been around awhile. Or it could just be they dont have a clue.

We get great movies from iron man, who is not even a top tier character, yet they keep crapping on more popular characters like Wolverine. I had more faith after seeing MoS that DC was gonna bring it, now Im losing that faith.

This guy would have been a great consideration for a younger Batman:

3069068-1096586437-scott.jpg

scott-adkins-boyka-fight.jpg

tumblr-mfeg-balx-rjlb-oo-1295063385.jpg

You dont need a big name to sell Batman, you need someone who can fit the role. I just dont see Affleck selling Batman in fight scenes. I would rather have a 20 something Wayne with plans for more solo movies, right now I just dont see how many solo flicks you get with Ben.

So true to that!! :)

Maybe they will kill Batman in the movie... Ben Affleck could be the old semi retired Batman that comes out of retirement to help Superman one last time. They could then have new Batman movies with a different actor in between the Dark Knight Rises and this new movie.

I think she is a good overall choice, but the girl is scrawny. Be nice if she got into a bit of a bulk up regime for the flick. It's like watching Nikita on CW and see a 5' woman that weighs 95 lbs beating up grown men.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts