Please reply by conversation.

LocutusOfBorg

Free speech is more important than your feelings
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 2, 2009
USA
Who has the best prices on actuators? Looks like mine finally died. :mad:

BTW, I currently have a SuperJack VBRL3024 which I believe is 24". Would there be anything to gain by going to a 36"? Skyvision is advertising a 52", also.

Last edited:
Try Sadoun

Thanks for the reference. Looks like they have some good prices. It sure is interesting to note the difference in pricing between vendors. Sadoun was $149 (QARL-3636) while others were over $350. With the savings I decided to go with Next Day service (an additional $137). Of course, I'll be very unhappy if the wrong item shows up. :eek:

Too bad this didn't fail on Saturday, Sunday or Monday so I could have went with Second Day. Gotta see SG-U! ;)

I have a 24" Motek Heavy duty from Sadoun, QARL 2436. I've been using it 10 months now and am very happy with it. I had mine shipped UPS ground took like 2 to 3 days. Forget paying those overnight rates :eek: You can always take the motor off your current jack and move the dish manually to on a bird if needed till the new one comes in. My dish stayed on W5 while I was down.

I rebuilt the motor on my old arm this summer so now I have a spare, never hurts to have backup. :D

I have a 24" Motek Heavy duty from Sadoun, QARL 2436. I've been using it 10 months now and am very happy with it. I had mine shipped UPS ground took like 2 to 3 days. Forget paying those overnight rates :eek: You can always take the motor off your current jack and move the dish manually to on a bird if needed till the new one comes in. My dish stayed on W5 while I was down.

I rebuilt the motor on my old arm this summer so now I have a spare, never hurts to have backup. :D

If a repeat episode of SG-U was being aired this weekend I would have gone with standard UPS ground. Also, my son likes to watch Diego on G3 on Saturdays and Qubo on W1 and my wife likes Univision on F3. Right now the dish is stuck on F3. Of course, I could move the dish by hand. I guess I like to think that I have money to burn. :)

Anyway, I was going to order a replacement motor along with the new actuator but Sadoun isn't selling them anymore. I'll look for another source so that I'll have a spare actuator so I can avoid such "emergencies". :rolleyes:

Hopefully it'll get here tomorrow. We still have a major snow storm moving through the Nebraska panhandle that's suppose to begin tapering off after 6 tonight. Looks like close to a foot on the ground. If it does get here tomorrow, I'll be up to my knees in snow while replacing it. :eek:

Hopefully it'll get here tomorrow. We still have a major snow storm moving through the Nebraska panhandle that's suppose to begin tapering off after 6 tonight. Looks like close to a foot on the ground. If it does get here tomorrow, I'll be up to my knees in snow while replacing it. :eek:

Keep the snow by you! :eek: I had to change mine out last January between snow storms. Just as I was putting the cover on the wiring the snow started up again. It was snowing like crazy when I was reprogramming the satellites all night. Im not ready for full blown winter here yet in Chicago :eek:

Well, the storm has come and gone. I should have known that it would delay delivery of the new actuator. :mad: Hopefully, it'll be here today. I wonder if I can get a rebate on the shipping charge so that I get charged for second day instead of next day? :rolleyes: Anyway, the snow is just about gone already so I won't have to wade through snow drifts to put on the new actuator. I might even start on assembling the new dish even though it'll only get to 50 degrees today.

Got the actuator today and installed. Never got an actuator that would install without turning the tube to get the motor perpendicular to the ground (for drainage) nor one where the M1 and M2 connections were the same as the 4DTV M1 and M2. I always have to reverse them on one end or the antenna moves in the wrong direction. :eek: Otherwise it works just fine.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)