Best and Worst sports-related predictions made on this site

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
Since I joined this site, I have had a tendency to make bold predictions- some of which worked and some that bombed.

I'm sure you guys have also made similar predictions.

What are some of your hits and misses?

I'll start with a few of my best:

1. I said that Auburn, ranked 10th in the AP preseason poll, was ranked too high, was overrated, and would be brought down by a pathetic offense- they went 5-7, had a comically bad offense, and seemed to be going nowhere. I took sweet delight in seeing Alabama bitch-slap them 36-0.

2. I predicted that the Browns would upset the Giants on Monday Night Football

3. I said Texas Tech would beat Texas

4. I was the only guy outside of Arizona to pick the Cardinals over the Panthers

However, I also made some bad calls:

1. I said Colt McCoy was overrated- goes 12-1 and finished runner-up for the Heisman

2. I predicted Cleveland and Detroit to each go 11-5, win their division, and make the playoffs

3. I said the Cardinals would win in snowy Foxboro

4. I basically mocked Florida's defense and said they were overrated. As a guy who praised the Big 12 and ripped the SEC as slow and with nothing but popgun offenses... yikes!

Feel free to give your best/worst predictions and comment on some of my crazy predictions I made.

I TOO predicted the Browns beating the Giants on that Monday night. But then again I ALSO predicted that the Raiders would go 7-9 or even 8-8. I really try not to predict much simply because there is nothing EXTRA I know that other don't. You can look too foolish too often.

I predicted that the Cardinals would be beaten like a red-headed stepchild in the Wild Card game and every one afterward, but clearly that's been a less than successful prophecy.

I predicted that the steelers were the team to beat in the AFC.:)
I predicted that the ravens would go far in the playoffs.:)
I predicted that the Fins would go 4-12 :eek:
I predicted that the Cardinals would not go far in the playoffs:eek:
I predicted that the Giants would repeat an appearance to the Superbowl:eek:

Since I joined this site, I have had a tendency to make bold predictions- some of which worked and some that bombed.

1. I said that Auburn, ranked 10th in the AP preseason poll, was ranked too high, was overrated, and would be brought down by a pathetic offense- they went 5-7, had a comically bad offense, and seemed to be going nowhere. I took sweet delight in seeing Alabama bitch-slap them 36-0.

4. I was the only guy outside of Arizona to pick the Cardinals over the Panthers

1. I said Colt McCoy was overrated- goes 12-1 and finished runner-up for the Heisman

2. I predicted Cleveland and Detroit to each go 11-5, win their division, and make the playoffs

4. I basically mocked Florida's defense and said they were overrated. As a guy who praised the Big 12 and ripped the SEC as slow and with nothing but popgun offenses... yikes!

Feel free to give your best/worst predictions and comment on some of my crazy predictions I made.

Looks like 4-4. You could of flipped a coin and got the same results.

I said the Lions would win maybe 6 games, and I was the pessimistic one. I later changed my predicition to 0-16 at the halfway mark, and I stuck to it. Thank you Lie-ons!

MAY THE SCHWARTZ BE WITH YOU!

Sabres,

I have to hand it to you. You stuck by the Cardinals when next to nobody (myself included) gave them a chance.

NOW they look like a legitimate threat.

Congrats! :) :up

I said the Lions would win maybe 6 games, and I was the pessimistic one. I later changed my predicition to 0-16 at the halfway mark, and I stuck to it. Thank you Lie-ons!

MAY THE SCHWARTZ BE WITH YOU!

I too mentioned once the Lie-ons got to 0-7, 0-8 that they would go winless, but it's not a big deal to me. (getting it right).
Before the season started, I figured the Lie-ons would win 5-6 games.

I figured the Steelers would probably win thier division, I didn't expect the Browns to do as well as the year before, figured the Bengals were down and the Ravens had D but no O , as it turned out, the Ravens O turned out better than I thought and they made the playoffs.

Jimbo

You better leave "Sabres the Magnificent" alone, or he may hit you over the head with his hermetically sealed mayonnaise jar. ;)

May your cable go out during the LSU/Florida game!

(Not really- it's my version of Carson's comical curses)

May your cable go out during the LSU/Florida game!
:eek:
laughing.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)