Best antenna for picking up 1 distant VHF channel

well it FINALLY was sunny out do I got the antenna up today and put the smaller one (HBU33) below it

The HBU33 maxed at 69 on KEYC with the converter box whereas the Winegard maxed at 85 (solid 81 most of the time)

will post pics tomorrow ;)

pics of the antenna setup

5 foot mast on the tripod...I ended up running two lines down the roof into the house
the HBU33 goes to 4 way splitter....DTVPal in the computer room, DTVPal in bedroom, HDTV in main room, 4th goes to a combiner on the UHF side
Winegard goes to the VHF side of combiner and that runs to DTVPal DVR..9 & 11 are between 88-95 (with antenna facing the wrong way) and 12 fluctuates between 74 & 93..had 93 this morning at 10:00 and at noon it was down to 78 and stays around 74-76 during the day

Attachments

• PICT0003.JPG
    PICT0003.JPG
    289.9 KB · Views: 146
  • PICT0004 (2).JPG
    PICT0004 (2).JPG
    317.3 KB · Views: 132
Nice Job,

I actually have two separate antennas pointed at the same transmitting location at my house, as the transmitters are about 110 miles from here, and at that distance the UHF comes in in various bands.

I find a switch works pretty good to switch between the two.

Thanks for posting the pics Iceberg.:up
no problem. The top one is facing SW for the distant station and the bottom one is aimed NE for the Minneapolis stations

Were there any curious neighbors checking out your installation?:rant:
thankfully no :) My one neighbor heard me on the roof but didnt look up. they're so use to hearing me on the roof (next door neighbor) it dont bother them anymore. They know if they hear a loud "thud" they better come look :) ONe time neighbor was on his deck and he heard a light "clang" then an expletive from me. He says "should I worry?" I said "nah dropped my wrench and it slid off the roof :)

Funny part is unless you seriously look at the roof you may see the top one. The bottom one you dont see if you drive up the driveway because of trees so by the time you are past the trees the angle of the houses and the driveway location makes it hard to see the antenna

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts