best bird for cband mini-bud

Status
Please reply by conversation.

roosman

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2005
Happy New Year!

Im going to tinker with my mini bud today. Was wondering which sat is the best for networks etc. Mainly im looking for the cw, and more. I noticed it was on 91 as well as 101.

Thoughts?

Happy New Year!

You might take a look at 99W. It doesn't have CW, but there's quite a bit there and it seems that a lot of mini-bud users have had good luck tuning it in.

Happy New Year!

You might take a look at 99W. It doesn't have CW, but there's quite a bit there and it seems that a lot of mini-bud users have had good luck tuning it in.

I think the CW feeds are also on 97W, which means you might be able to pull in some of the transponders on both 97W and 99W with a mini-bud.

However, I'm not sure if there is anything that might interfere with the signal. Those mini-buds are a bit hit and miss, as you probably know.

I watch CW on 4060 H 32360. I believe it's up only for about four hours each night - the two hour CW feed for the east coast and a repeat for the west coast. If you hunt during the day, you'll probably find the transponder is switched off.

And there is an SD CW feed on one of the Puerto Rico stations. It's the one that otherwise carries LATV network.

Where are the PR stations located? I will attempt 99....just need to find the best focal point on my prodelin

What size mini or micro bud are you using? I am using a special 1 meter dish I can get most of 99w only thing I can't get is anything dvbs 2 , 30000 sr. I have picked up 8 c band sats with my setup so far.

Agree with the others, 99W would be the place to start to get the feel for it. Mini-Budding can be very touchy. LeSea is a VERY strong signal to aim for at first to get your bearings.

Reactions: Titanium
on my 80 cm c band I do best at 97 on chan lable amg...but I think its calld ok! now...lesea I think its calld is next in line on 99 in strength but only after sun pass me by...the amg is all day/night at 60% on my fortec classic

I am using a 1 meter prodelin fiberglass dish i picked up for free before xmas. Its a nice unit. Bloody heavy! Also using a dmsi bcs lnb just the single one that looks like a big tube. No conical scalar yet but am planning on ordering one.

A conical scalar will make a tremendous difference. I only receive LeSea and AFN muxes on 99w without a scalar using a 1.2m reflector. The flat scalar could provide you with some unpredictable performance gains, as it is mismatched for dish type.

I don't often promote my Titanium Satellite products, but I experienced significant SNR gains with the C1PLL LNBF. With these smaller reflectors, even a 1dB gain will make the difference between a unwatchable channel at threshold and a reliable lock. You may wish to consider a LNBF upgrade down the line if this mini-bud experiment continues to interest you. :)

Roosman, a scaler does help with a mini bud I have a c1pll lnbf its well worth the money. I have 3 fiberglass dishes, they are heavy but they are better than residential dishes. What brand of dish do you have? I have channel master dishes look for the label behind the dish. If you need info look up my posts on my dish setup.

My dish is a prodelin. Too heavy to run on my sg2100 i think. So stationary it shall be. I read someones post a while back about taping a socket to ghe scalar at 3 o clock...maybe try that for fun.

Thats mainly why im trying this....for fun.

Ok channel master went to prodlien then went andrew then went to raven I believe. Anything that heavy would be better on polar mount.

It's pretty much unanimous 99w is the best for mini and microbuds if you had to choose only one sat to park it on.
Having an unmotorized dish that is not for a specific channel will make you quickly rebuild for a motorized setup.
You'll find lots of minibud and microbud info by searching the forums here.
Dish size matters. The C1PLL with conical is the way to go for LNB.
I do get the CW feed on 89w 3880 v 32357 on my 1.2 fortec with titanium c1wpll in absolutely any weather.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)