Best birds for DSNG

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BattleOP

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 10, 2008
I am looking for some suggestions on which birds to use. I mostly like watching DSNG feeds. I've been out of this for a while and now I am starting to get time to mess around with my dishes again.

I am using 2 Channel Master dishes (white version of the P*) and a 8foot C/Ku dish. The 8foot is on G16 and one of the Channel Masters is on AMC6. I picked G16 becasue that's where CBS Newswatch. I am finding a little DSNG on G16. AMC6 has turned up nothing in the day so I am going to probably move it to another bird.

I am looking for some suggestions on which birds to use. I mostly like watching DSNG feeds. I've been out of this for a while and now I am starting to get time to mess around with my dishes again.

I am using 2 Channel Master dishes (white version of the P*) and a 8foot C/Ku dish. The 8foot is on G16 and one of the Channel Masters is on AMC6. I picked G16 becasue that's where CBS Newswatch. I am finding a little DSNG on G16. AMC6 has turned up nothing in the day so I am going to probably move it to another bird.

CBS is on G16 along with Fox. You will find NBC on AMC's 1, 9, and 6, but they have more dedicated signals on AMC 1. ABC is on G17 (91W) and G28. CNN has resources on AMC 5 and a bit on AMC 3. Other news services are on AMC 5 and Horizons 2.

There can be DSNG on basically any satellite at any time, this is just a crude listing of the networks "home" satellites. Here are some PDF's on frequency and location for the DSNG services.

Attachments

• DSNG ABC ABSAT 072408.pdf
    200 KB · Views: 827
  • DSNG CBS G16.pdf
    28.1 KB · Views: 1,851
  • DSNG CBS Newspath AMC5.pdf
    287.7 KB · Views: 192
  • DSNG CNN.pdf
    80.9 KB · Views: 738
  • DSNG Fox.pdf
    5.9 KB · Views: 189
  • DSNG NBC 2008.pdf
    35.2 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

The Resurrection Of The 3ABN Dish

Inclinometer app for iphone/ipod touch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)