best blind scan receiver 2011

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rrob311

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2010
New England
I have been looking for the best Blind receiver to supplement my Coolsat 8000 for another property. The only blind scanning receivers I have right now are the SV8000hd which won't find dvb-s2 feeds. And my Openbox which seems to work pretty good for my bedroom but I will need another receiver. What is the best (most detailed) blind scanning receiver that will find all of the transponders? I bought a Coolsat 7100 on ebay for 26$ shipped but the seller backed out and now I am back to square one. I couldn't find a current thread for this. Most of them are about 3 years old.

its slow... but probably the most accurate scanner is a pansat9200 with the add on dvb-s2 tuner...

the vantage is also good, and faster scanning, but misses a couple feeds now and then..

or you could get another openbox, but that doesnt tell you if a feeds is dvb-s or dvb-s2...

Morning Bro.
I have a CS 7100 & don't feel bad you didn't miss out on anything. They are SD only. At blind scan, it does better them my CS6100, but not near as good as my 5K & 6K. Plus I don't like the way the CS 7100 records. They record two different TS files & I can't play back on my computer

I agree with Beano for the money Openbox...
If you want to do 4:2:2 & S2 look at the AZBox

Read up on the S9.
I don't pay close attention, but I thought I heard that some new firmware made it scan slower, but more detailed.
If that's true, you could probably try it now, and see if it's something you preferred.
Maybe set up one receiver to scan fast, and one to scan a bit slower but more detailed?

Damned shame they couldn't give the user a switch to choose, but ...
And, it'd be nice if it reported better what signal it found, but again . . . :rolleyes:

Another option is the supposed release later this month of the Manhatten RS 1933 receiver. We haven't seen it yet, but at least one of our members has a beta unit. For all it's flaws , I like the Openbox better than the Vantage or the Pansat 9200 . Both have more problems than does the Openbox ( IMHO , I've owned all three ) . I expect to buy a Manhattan box when it's released, if it comes in under $200 . :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)