Best Buy free TV

sundrop

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 27, 2010
Missouri
Was not expecting this. Went to best buy to sign up my mother for dish and in order to get the free television. Basically every package is $10 more.

Price lock was $10 over over advertised pricing on the dish website. The middle tier was $75 a month instead of $65. Over 24 months, you are paying $240 more which is the price of the television they are offering..

So is there any other promos other than the get200 promo code floating around?

Don't go to BestBuy to sign mom up, go to Dish.com and try there or call. Should get the advertised price from Dish directly.

Point was he was getting a free TV.... He can the offers in many places but Best Buy had the free TV, not so free as he found out.

Was not expecting this. Went to best buy to sign up my mother for dish and in order to get the free television. Basically every package is $10 more.

Price lock was $10 over over advertised pricing on the dish website. The middle tier was $75 a month instead of $65. Over 24 months, you are paying $240 more which is the price of the television they are offering..

So is there any other promos other than the get200 promo code floating around?

Probably won't make a bean's worth of difference, I would go back and ask them how the TV is free if they are charging more than what DISH charges for the same service, I would actually say isn't that false advertising?

Reactions: TheKrell
Probably won't make a bean's worth of difference, I would go back and ask them how the TV is free if they are charging more than what DISH charges for the same service, I would actually say isn't that false advertising?
It wouldn't be false advertising as there are different promotions. Not every customer will take the price lock, they'll take the 12 month reduced price for example. So, this would just be one form of a different promotion available.

It wouldn't be false advertising as there are different promotions. Not every customer will take the price lock, they'll take the 12 month reduced price for example. So, this would just be one form of a different promotion available.

Valid point.

I knew something was fishy when the Best Buy employee said he could not find a $65 plan. He showed me his screen and it was $60/$75/$85 for the thee price lock plans.

We ended up signing up by calling dish.
We got a $200 visa gift card, a $25 gift card and was able to keep the price lock that Dish guaranteed.

I highly doubt that a large, well known retailer like Best Buy is scamming customers for extra $ each month without Dish's knowing. Plus, who do people think is doing the billing, Dish or Best Buy ?

This partnership is a way to introduce more customers to Dish. Dish wins and BB is rewarded financially.

I highly doubt that a large, well known retailer like Best Buy is scamming customers for extra $ each month without Dish's knowing. Plus, who do people think is doing the billing, Dish or Best Buy ?

This partnership is a way to introduce more customers to Dish. Dish wins and BB is rewarded financially.

There partnership must be sucking cause all the employee's had no idea how to order Dish, and the Manager had to look it up on the Employee toolkit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)