Moving soon

kpip99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 18, 2012
Moving soon and will be in between houses staying with parents for maybe 2-3 months. Gonna use dish mover. Should I move all my recordings to my external hard drive or keep them on the hopper ? Or does it not matter ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will you have Dish installed at the in-between house ? You'll need to suspend your account if it won't be maintained, especially if the receiver is leased. You could also keep paying for service even though you won't be using it (drop to Welcome Pack ?).

I will not have dish in the in between house. And don't mind paying for it still if I have to. My main concern is I don't wanna lose any of my recordings on hopper or external hard drive.

I will not have dish in the in between house. And don't mind paying for it still if I have to. My main concern is I don't wanna lose any of my recordings on hopper or external hard drive.

If you really wanted to play it safe, just go to the welcome pack. That will cover all bases.

Yeah that's probably what I will do its only 20 or 30 bucks a month I think. Not bad

Pausing only costs $5/month.
Dish Pause Rules said:
Prior to enrollment, any past due balance must be collected.
Any remaining promotional or loyalty credits will be forfeited if account is placed on DISH Pause.
Payment arrangements for the fee must be made in advance (Pre-Pay, CCA, EFT, or monthly bill).
Limit one DISH Pause in a rolling period (some exceptions like vacaion home can be made).

The fee is $5 per month.
The customer can call to come off of DISH Pause anytime before the end of nine months.
The customer will receive an auto-message prior to the end of the nine months to notify them that their services will be returned to their previous level.
DISH Pause will extend any commitment by the amount of time the customer's account is paused.
The previous programming level is automatically restored once DISH Pause has ended.

If I do the dish pause I assume all my recordings on my hopper and external hard drive will still be there when I get dish installed at new house which could be several months ?

The recordings are associated with the account so "in theory", they should be there when the account is active. Going on pause theoretically keeps the account on life support.

The recordings are associated with the account so "in theory", they should be there when the account is active. Going on pause theoretically keeps the account on life support.
That's what I am saying. I just hate to see something happened because the theory of how it is suppose to work, failed.

I haven't called dish yet to drop down to the welcome pack or to pause my account. Movers are coming tomorrow. I'm planning on unplugging hopper and Joey and boxing up to take to temporary house ( where I won't be having dish and will be staying for a few months ). I plan on calling dish to drop to welcome pack or pause on Monday. By doing it this way it shouldn't affect my recordings on hopper and external hard drive correct ? As opposed to calling first before unplugging and boxing up

Long term, no impact. You will need to ask for a re-hit when you get everything set up and if you did have intentions on unboxing at the temporary location, things will stop working after a few weeks.

I have hopper and Joey unplugged and boxed up and it will stay that way for maybe s few months. I'm gonna call dish tomorrow and pause my account or drop to welcome pak. Then when we move into new house in a few months I'll call to have dish come out to hook me back up and out new dish on roof. My recordings will still be on my hopper and external hard drive right ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts