Best Buy quitting the 80GB PS3?

The 80 GB version was on Best Buy's site earlier today, but has since been removed. We can only hope that the $299 PS3's are just around the corner. (January 28th is the rumor)

I really am ignorant when it comes to the new game systems. What do you need 80GB for? Does it store that much of the game on the hard drive.

As far as games go, our house is still on the PS2 and Nintendo DS. :D

Yepp, still going strong on CCity.

I wonder if BBuy and Sony have worked something out. Will be interesting to see how this shakes out.

I really am ignorant when it comes to the new game systems. What do you need 80GB for? Does it store that much of the game on the hard drive.

As far as games go, our house is still on the PS2 and Nintendo DS. :D

I'm not sure how it relates to gaming, I used mine for mp3 playback. You can load the hdd up with music and play it thru your rcvr(also pics and video). It also may have OTA dvr capabilities coming.

The PS3 manual also shows you how to easily swap the drive for a larger one :D

I'm not sure how it relates to gaming, I used mine for mp3 playback. You can load the hdd up with music and play it thru your rcvr(also pics and video). It also may have OTA dvr capabilities coming.

The PS3 manual also shows you how to easily swap the drive for a larger one :D

Thanks. That makes sense. I can see why 80GB might be overkill.

So whats the speculation for the missing 80gig?

*) Plans to sell 2 40 gigs, the black and white
*) Plans to drop the 40 gig to $299
*) None of its true

I do find it strange that BBuy is the only name coming up in the rumors. Curious to see what the 28th brings, if anything. The 80gig is still readily available in CCity stores and online.

I want to upgrade to 500gb too if that feature comes on.
I am not sure if there are any HDD that have 1TB that is internal and able to put it in the PS3, maybe in the upcoming years..

This thread is just like saying Bill Clinton never had *intimate relationship* with another women other than Hilary Clinton.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts