Best Concerts/Tours

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

steve615

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jan 6, 2006
TN
I thought I would start a thread of a different flavor.If you have been to any genre of concerts,music festivals,etc.,what would you consider the best show that you ever saw live.For myself,I have 2 shows at the top of my list.1.Ozzy Osbourne,Diary Of A Madman tour,early '80's.The stage was set up like a dungeon,the great Randy Rhoades was still alive and kicking ass at this show.I remember seeing 2-3 midgets running around on stage from one huge guy dressed up as an executioner.He catches one of the midgets,and it appeared that he hung the midget on stage with a rope.The midget has a cable attached to his back,so there was no actual harm done,but,cool theatrics.:up :) 2.Van Halen's Monsters Of Rock tour,1988.This was one helluva show too.This was a stadium only tour in the summer of '88.It featured Van Halen,Scorpions,Metallica,Dokken and Kingdom Come.This show started at like 1pm in the afternoon and went on until about 1-1:30am the following morning.VH was the headliner of the show,they rocked.But,Scorpions,Metallica and Dokken kicked some serious ass too,lol.Kingdom Come was pretty much a one hit wonder back in those days,a Led Zep sound-alike band.

U2 in Chicago in May of 2005... best show of my life! In my not so good life as a teenager, I saw Kiss in 1998, and that was the worst show of my life. They played for two hours, and with the pyro show it was way too hot in the arena. Ted Nugent opened for them at that show and that was the second best show I ever saw. I would pay a full ticket price to see him any day! :up

joedekock said:
I saw Kiss in 1998, and that was the worst show of my life. They played for two hours, and with the pyro show it was way too hot in the arena. Ted Nugent opened for them at that show and that was the second best show I ever saw. I would pay a full ticket price to see him any day! :up
I saw that show at the Van Andel Arena.

The concert I will remember forever is with the group "Green Day" I saw them live in 2002 and 2005. They have the best acoustics in town. Made me deaf for awhile LoL. I remember they had a 3 people dressed chicken suits playing the trumpet. That was funny. One of the concerts with Green Day had Blink 182 in it too. Blink 182 sucked live, but when I remembered from them was that the drummer played his drums while the whole drum set was going around in circles. Overall, Green Day will be the best in the punk rock genre.

thiggin2 said:
I saw that show at the Van Andel Arena.

Yep... it was kind of suprising that Kiss came to the Van Andel, it seats about 10,000 less than a normal Arena like the Palace or United Center. Are you from West Michigan, or did you just come all the way from Florida for that show?

joedekock said:
Are you from West Michigan, or did you just come all the way from Florida for that show?
I used to live in Belding (NE of Grand Rapids) for years but we moved down here back in 2001.

I think the best concert I saw was Dio back in 1990 in Lakeland Florida, very intense. I was front center and there was lots of pyro.
Thee worst has to be Guns N Roses. I saw them in Grand Rapids back in the 80's and they SUCKED!!!! Well atleast the vocals did, the music itself was good.

Last edited:
thiggin2 said:
Thee worst has to be Guns N Roses. I saw them in Grand Rapids back in the 80's and they SUCKED!!!! Well atleast the vocals did, the music itself was good.

I saw the Band that Slash was in back in 99 or 2000. (He may still be in that same band, I don't know), I think they opened up for AC/DC at the Van Andel Arena. They did a few G n' R Tunes and the lead singer was a black guy, and man he did an excellent job! Everyone around me that had been to a G n' R show said that those tunes, sung by that guy were by far better than what Axel did!

Pink Floyd - Pulse Tour - 1994 in New Orleans. Nothing on this planet will ever match a show like that was.

Kid Rock. Every time is better than the last. No big tricks ... just some hot dancin' chicks, a couple explosions and some bad ass countrified hip-hop-rock-n-roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)