Best Connection Type?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cypher

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 5, 2004
I just go HDTV installed at home and I got the Samsung TS360 receiver. I got to say, at first blush, I am not that impressed with the signal. For instance, ESPNHD is in some sort of cropped 4:3 ratio...can I make it 16:9. Also, what is the BEST way to connect the reciever? right now, I am just using s-video..is DVI or Component better? What is the best way?
Cypher

If I were you I would try both Component and DVI and see for yourself , but you are not going to see a good HD picture through your S video it has to be Component or DVI . Now you should have a ratio button on your remote and that will let you stretch the 4x3 image

ok, I will try them both out and get back to you guys...thanks for your help (I always get so much information from this forum).

and just to add in, if you are talking about the grey bars on the side of the screen that say espn or hd or whatever they say those dont go away when its non HD programming, they do go away when it is reciving a hd signal....or at least thats the way I see it unless I am doing something wrong (but 99%sure I am not)...also like lobo said no hd through svideo connection, and I think with the 360 the dvi is the best choice I believe their are more format options through dvi!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts