Best Deal on direct tv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Typically their new customer offer is just the discounted rate for one year with two year agreement, free NFL or NBA depending on the time of year (I think they did the MLB package once a few years ago). Key is that this is full price in the second year of the contract on your main package.

Best offer on top of that is usually gift cards. Top is $300 back, usually if you get with AT&T internet, but I've seen $300 by itself directly from AT&T at times. It is common to get $200-$300 gift cards if signing up with a warehouse club like Costco or Best Buy. I hate that they only give the new customer price for one year, but if you get a $300 gift card they've basically given you a month free and paid your ETF if you cancel after the first year.

Key is to educate yourself on what you want first, because most of the salespeople in a place like that are contractors and will say just about anything to close the deal, despite having no ability to do anything beyond the promotion.

Local retailer may get you better service and installation, but is not as likely to have any offer beyond the new customer promotion.

Good luck.

Reactions: dennispap and Jimbo
Key is to educate yourself on what you want first, because most of the salespeople in a place like that are contractors and will say just about anything to close the deal, despite having no ability to do anything beyond the promotion.

I was in Costco a few weeks ago stocking up on itunes cards while on sale, listening in to a sales pitch while looking at TVs, the goon actually said to a couple that everything on DIRECTV is in 4K.

Sent from my LML713DL using the SatelliteGuys app!

I was in Costco a few weeks ago stocking up on itunes cards while on sale, listening in to a sales pitch while looking at TVs, the goon actually said to a couple that everything on DIRECTV is in 4K.

Sent from my LML713DL using the SatelliteGuys app!
Yeah that sounds about right, for some individuals the key to sales is that the customer is always right - whatever they want it to be - surely it is!

Looks like the current national offer online is a $250 gift card, that is pretty good, last I looked earlier this month it was $100.

Call a local retailer and save yourself from AT&T’s trained monkey installers.
Really ?
When an install is Free thru the company vs whatever the local retailer is gonna charge ?

Sure, you or I can go out there and do a perfect install every time, but that doesn't mean that the Local installer, that is doing the job to get done and on to the next job will ....
That goes for my side as well as your side.

Reactions: longhorn23
Really ?
When an install is Free thru the company vs whatever the local retailer is gonna charge ?

Sure, you or I can go out there and do a perfect install every time, but that doesn't mean that the Local installer, that is doing the job to get done and on to the next job will ....
That goes for my side as well as your side.

Local retailers do free installs with NO SHIPPING CHARGES AND NO ACTIVATION FEES. And local retailers have goodies that the the national sales channel don't have like extra gift cards.

Also, have you seen some of the Mastec installs? We have seen dishes mounted on trees, falling off roofs and dishes on poles with no concrete that are literally falling over, and I won't even get into the wiring. :eeek

And it isn't usually the local installer that wants to get the job done as fast as possible and move on. The locals are more concerned with doing a great job every time because that's where they live. They want happy customers and referrals. The sub-contractors usually come in from a distance, work for points per hour and can't wait to get done and move on.

Local retailers do free installs with NO SHIPPING CHARGES AND NO ACTIVATION FEES. And local retailers have goodies that the the national sales channel don't have like extra gift cards.

Also, have you seen some of the Mastec installs? We have seen dishes mounted on trees, falling off roofs and dishes on poles with no concrete that are literally falling over, and I won't even get into the wiring. :eeek

And it isn't usually the local installer that wants to get the job done as fast as possible and move on. The locals are more concerned with doing a great job every time because that's where they live. They want happy customers and referrals. The sub-contractors usually come in from a distance, work for points per hour and can't wait to get done and move on.
Since WHEN do Local retailers NOT CHARGE for installs ?

If I walked into one and said I wanted you to do the install for me, they would certainly want money for it, they ain't doing it for FREE.

Mastec .... anyone can find bad jobs if you look around ... I noticed you picked a company known for that.

Now to be fair, check out the rest of the population.

I went to a local installation place (granted its been awhile) they wanted nothing to do with it.
They wouldn't answer any questions, nothing.

Therefore, I do my own work ....And YES, when you do your own work, of course your gonna take extra time ....
When I'm doing my own work, I'm not on a clock that is running and expected to be done in X amount of time.

Btw, your KIDDING yourself if you think that the Local companies are not on the clock to get done and move on.

Since WHEN do Local retailers NOT CHARGE for installs ?

If I walked into one and said I wanted you to do the install for me, they would certainly want money for it, they ain't doing it for FREE.

Mastec .... anyone can find bad jobs if you look around ... I noticed you picked a company known for that.

Now to be fair, check out the rest of the population.

I went to a local installation place (granted its been awhile) they wanted nothing to do with it.
They wouldn't answer any questions, nothing.

Therefore, I do my own work ....And YES, when you do your own work, of course your gonna take extra time ....
When I'm doing my own work, I'm not on a clock that is running and expected to be done in X amount of time.

Btw, your KIDDING yourself if you think that the Local companies are not on the clock to get done and move on.

A new customer installation is paid for by DirecTV, basic installation is free from any authorized DirecTV dealer. Also, local dealers don't charge the activation fee that national does.

Mastec does all the installations and service in our area for corporate DirecTV so they are the face of national DirecTV.

I'm glad you do your own work but most people don't, they have to rely on others to get a good job done. Naturally there are good and bad in every profession. I'm sure there are bad local dealers here and there although I doubt there are many. After AT&T took over they cut the local dealer base by 75% and most of the bad ones are gone.

I have decades of very intimate experience with DirecTV sales and service and have done hundreds or even thousand of DirecTV installations. I do every one like it's my own house and everybody that I've trained over the years gets that exact same message. Most local dealers have that same pride in their work and their reputations.

The best deal I know of is Ultimate package with HBO and NFL for $10.30 a month. But there is a catch, it's the employee discount. Includes AT&T.

Reactions: JSheridan
A new customer installation is paid for by DirecTV, basic installation is free from any authorized DirecTV dealer. Also, local dealers don't charge the activation fee that national does.

Mastec does all the installations and service in our area for corporate DirecTV so they are the face of national DirecTV.

I'm glad you do your own work but most people don't, they have to rely on others to get a good job done. Naturally there are good and bad in every profession. I'm sure there are bad local dealers here and there although I doubt there are many. After AT&T took over they cut the local dealer base by 75% and most of the bad ones are gone.

I have decades of very intimate experience with DirecTV sales and service and have done hundreds or even thousand of DirecTV installations. I do every one like it's my own house and everybody that I've trained over the years gets that exact same message. Most local dealers have that same pride in their work and their reputations.
So, you don't work at a company that has people over you that inspect every job and verify that its up to standards, all while wanting ti toi done safe, efficient and quickly.

It must be nice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)