Best Dish for 129?

canondave

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 6, 2006
Colorado
Gotta do something about 129.

Which single dish will allow me to get the strongest signal on 129?

1 - A Dish1000 using center LNB?

2 - A Dish500 with "I" adapter?

3 - A Dish300?

Thanks

Go to the winegard web site and look at their dishes. They sell a good variety of different sized dishes for dish network that have the D-tube lnb arm to fit a single DP lnb, so you want need any kind of I adapter. I think they go up to about 36" with the d -tube arm. That should be plenty big enough to get a decent signal.

Yes, I have looked at several sizes at different web sites.
But the three dishes I listed above I already have. I don't what to buy another if I don't have too.

I would use the Dish 500 with a "I" adapter then. There have been a few people on here that have mentioned that they get a better signal on 129 with a dedicated dish500 with the adapter than they did with the Dish1000. There isn't anyway that it couldn't get a better signal. The dish size is round which is perfect for single sat use and the lnb is at the highest gain point of the dish unlike the dish1000 which is 10 degrees out of the main focus of the dish. I would expect a 7-12 gain in signal strength and alot better performance in rainy conditions.

For Mcalester you need the following settings for 129

Azimuth true 228.9

Azimuth magnetic 224.6

Elevation 36.3

Skew 38.1

BCH said:
For Mcalester you need the following settings for 129

Azimuth true 228.9

Azimuth magnetic 224.6

Elevation 36.3

Skew 38.1

Where did you find this?

I'm working on the same setup at zip 81226

If I'm using an "I" adapter on a Dish500, would "skew" be used at all?

I thought it would be just put at "0" for a single satt.?

With a 121 super dish and using the 119 LNB for 129 (since it is very close to the hot spot of the dish) I am getting about 80-85 for most of the TPs.

Well I finally got my "I" adapter and installed my D500 for the 129 bird yesterday. I'm getting a 20 point increase over the D1000.

Reading low 80's now, even on transponder 30. :D

It was well worth the trouble.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts