Best Dish HD w/ DVR deal now?

NewMexicoHostage

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 13, 2004
Desert of New Mexico
Hello, Folks!

I'm not too lazy to search around for this info, but I just moved and am stuck in a hotel w/ crappy dialup connection. (Guess I should change my name now that I exscaped to TX!)

I was a charter Voom member, but was on Charter cable (retch) up to when I move, while waiting on the mpeg4 equipment to come out.

Can I get a better deal than what's offered on the dish web site? I think the best setup for me would be a ViP 6xx to run living room HDTV and SD bedroom - with a 2nd receiver for another bedroom.

Silver HD package looks fine - has all the old Voom stuff I liked, and HBO added.

Any info and assistance is appreciated!

(Just a question - Is Sean still on the forums? He kicked a$$ on the Voom forum and helped a lot)

NewMexicoHostage said:
Hello, Folks!

I'm not too lazy to search around for this info, but I just moved and am stuck in a hotel w/ crappy dialup connection. (Guess I should change my name now that I exscaped to TX!)

I was a charter Voom member, but was on Charter cable (retch) up to when I move, while waiting on the mpeg4 equipment to come out.

Can I get a better deal than what's offered on the dish web site? I think the best setup for me would be a ViP 6xx to run living room HDTV and SD bedroom - with a 2nd receiver for another bedroom.

Silver HD package looks fine - has all the old Voom stuff I liked, and HBO added.

Any info and assistance is appreciated!

(Just a question - Is Sean still on the forums? He kicked a$$ on the Voom forum and helped a lot)

I was a VOOMER, too, last year. I went to DISH as it was the only alternative for quantity and quality of HD. However, the VOOM channels are now HD-Lite (not the 1920X1080 we VOOMERS had) and they decreased and changed the nature of some of the VOOm channels--left out LAB, Gunslingers, Ha, Ha, Majestic, but most of it has returned in other formats.

The 622 would be your best bet and, with the new HD channels and more coming, you will have to weigh the 18 month committment and only leasing the 622, not owning, etc. I am sure when you finally get to read all the threads and discussion or any posts to this thread, you will be able to make an intelligent decision.

Either way, you can get a discount on Installation if you use a CLUB DISH referral number when you FIRST call and order DISH (there is a special toll-free number to call). I can give you one of those numbers when you decide you want to order.

Just Private Message me (click on my name and "send Private Message" and I will give you the Number and Code (depends on whether you order from DISH directly or a retailer)

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)