Best Dish setup for 110/119/129

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bchandler02

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 26, 2006
When my system was originally installed, it was put in with 1 dish 1000 receiving all 3 sat's on the same dish - a dual dish plus LNB for 110/119, and a single dish pro lnbfor 129. Years back, when the 129 signal sucked, I split the 129 off to a single dish 500 for better signal.

Now in the current day, what is the absolute best dish setup you could do here for signal in a new install - getting ready for when I move shortly? (Let's limit this to "reasonable" - no 8 foot dishes, etc - just commercially available dishes that are available for my purchase, or installation by Dish. Must be roof or pole mountable). Should I just put everything back on the single dish 1000, keep them split, or is there another dish option I could purchase that is better than the standard equipment installed by Dish? Again, signal strength is priority - trying to do it right once and be done for a while and minimize service interruptions.

Appreciate any suggestions. Receiver is currently a VIP722 but in the future could possibly expand - nothing immediate though.

Dangit, I meant to add location in the original post, but forgot. I'm in the OKC metro area.

Thanks everyone. So there is no advantage with going to a unique non-Dish setup? I saw some posts talking about 3rd party dishes or some that might be used in commercial installations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts