Best Dish setup for 110/119/129

bchandler02

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 26, 2006
When my system was originally installed, it was put in with 1 dish 1000 receiving all 3 sat's on the same dish - a dual dish plus LNB for 110/119, and a single dish pro lnbfor 129. Years back, when the 129 signal sucked, I split the 129 off to a single dish 500 for better signal.

Now in the current day, what is the absolute best dish setup you could do here for signal in a new install - getting ready for when I move shortly? (Let's limit this to "reasonable" - no 8 foot dishes, etc - just commercially available dishes that are available for my purchase, or installation by Dish. Must be roof or pole mountable). Should I just put everything back on the single dish 1000, keep them split, or is there another dish option I could purchase that is better than the standard equipment installed by Dish? Again, signal strength is priority - trying to do it right once and be done for a while and minimize service interruptions.

Appreciate any suggestions. Receiver is currently a VIP722 but in the future could possibly expand - nothing immediate though.

Dangit, I meant to add location in the original post, but forgot. I'm in the OKC metro area.

Thanks everyone. So there is no advantage with going to a unique non-Dish setup? I saw some posts talking about 3rd party dishes or some that might be used in commercial installations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)