Best dual lnb

Status
Please reply by conversation.

victorb3

Original poster
Jul 13, 2011
Hudson Valley, NY
I have a 18" DirecTv dish with a dual lnb which I split into an 8 way multi-switch. I currently have just 4 receivers hooked up but plan to add some more soon.

I have replaced my LNB before because after about 6-7 years the cap had disintegrated and after each rain I got terrible reception for days. Well after 2 years later I thought the same thing was happening again so I went online (ebay) looking for a new lnb. I was suppose to get an Eagle Aspen DTV32+ LNB however it seems that the seller sent me a DirecTv 18LNBR0-02 LNB instead. Should I be concerned? Is one better than the other?

If I wanted to get the most out of my 18" dish, which LNB would be the best?

FYI, I am not so sure that my currrent problems that prompted me to get a new LNB are necessarily related to the current LNB that I have. I went up on roof today and discovered that bees have made a home inside all of the dish support mount tubing. I gave it a quick sqirt with bee killer but will need to go back up once sun starts to go down (too hot now). Regardless to whether the old LNB is bad or not, I will probably still replace it and still want to know what the best one to get would be. :confused:

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

I don't think there is much difference between the two lnbs. It's older technology. Have you considered upgrading to hd? They will give you the dish and several hd receivers/dvrs for free. If you want more, they will be cheapest to get in the original order. It would give you a new two year commitment, however.

I currently have no HD TV's so upgrading would have limited benefit for me until I go out to get my next TV (which I agree could be sooner rather than later).

I guess I will just use the LNB that I received today once I get all of those bees away from the dish. I am pretty sure that will get me up and running again and I can consider the upgrade as an option.

Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)