best dvb-s,dvb-s2 satellite receiver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I can't recommend a sat receiver because I haven't used many. And the ones I have tried have been a hassle. I'm going to try a DVB PCIe card in my PC next because I haven't seen any reviews on STB's that convince me to go buy a new STB.

You might not need a 12 footer. I'm using a Paraclipse 12 footer with hail and wind damaged reflector with 1 missing panel and I'm still able to receive DVB-S2/8PSK up to 2/3 FEC with at least 58% SQ with no pixeling . So, my guess is that even an 8 footer will pull in the signals. I don't know if my damaged dish will pull in 9/10 FEC but if I find a feed at that FEC that locks in I'll let ya know. Anyway, based on your comments, you probably can't do an 8 footer anyway.
Can you get the 9/10 channels on Galaxy 19?

Can you get the 9/10 channels on Galaxy 19?

I just checked and either nothing is being uplinked at this time or I can't see it. Transponder signal strength is 78% but 0% quality. But, I did discover that I can get 5/6 FEC on DVB-S2/8PSK

Last edited:
These channels are 24/7 with either programming, test bars or in black. You would get Signal Quality reading at all times.

We're talking about the C-band side right? My GeoSatPro on the KTI 12 footer couldn't see anything either. My Azbox Ultra didn't see anything on the damaged Paraclipse. For example, one of the transponders that I was looking at is 4100H29856-9/10 DVB-S2/8PSK. Blind scan brought it in but there's no SQ at all on it.

Sorry, I think we both meant Galaxy 16. The DVBS2 9/10 transponders are on G16/99w C-band. 4120/H/30000 or 4140/V/30000

I am getting 4120H with 85% SQ but the Azbox is reporting DVB-S2/8PSK with FEC 1/2 for this TP. I get nothing on 4140V.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts