Best DVR option for use with 811?

rhasselbaum

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 12, 2004
Hi. I'm in the process of switching to Dish from DirecTV. The deal I got includes a Dish 811 receiver for HD and what I'm wondering is what is the best DVR option for this receiver? Basically, I'm looking for the most seemless DVR integration for the 811. (I don't want to put up the cash for a 921 right now. Recording in HD isn't that important to me anyway.)

Thanks!

I use a 811 and 508 receiver connected to the same set. Just connect each receiver to a separate input on your TV. If you need to feed another TV in your home you might want to consider getting a 522. It has two tuners that can be controlled independently.

NightRyder

It doesn't meed to be HD. I just want it to integrate as seemlessly as possible with the 811.

BTW- I'm already going to be paying Dish the $5/mo for DVR service because we'll have a DVR receiver in the bedroom. So any option that requires a service fee beyond that (e.g. Tivo) doesn't work for me.

rhasselbaum said:
It doesn't meed to be HD. I just want it to integrate as seemlessly as possible with the 811.

BTW- I'm already going to be paying Dish the $5/mo for DVR service because we'll have a DVR receiver in the bedroom. So any option that requires a service fee beyond that (e.g. Tivo) doesn't work for me.

You can pick up a refurbished 508 from www.dishstore.net. No DVR fee but you'll still pay the $4.99 extra receiver fee. At one time Dish was selling some refurbished 501s but I don't know if they still are available.

NightRyder

Has anyone tried the RCA DVR10 HD DVR that connects over Firewire?

Appreciate any updates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)