811 w/ no power

jshrewz

Original poster
Aug 17, 2004
Cincinnati
Looking for assisance. I went to turn on my 811 the other day and it would not turn on. I changed outlets and also tried just leaving it unplugged over night to see if I could get it to come back on but neither worked. I have only had this unit since March.

Is their anyone out there who has had this problem or may have an answer??

Thanks

well, I usually try every combo with the power button (some electronics have a fail safe).

-push rapidly for 5 minutes
-hold down for 30 seconds

you know the usual :D

funny thing is that this has occasionaly worked :yes

Which I keep a UPS on all my equipment. Steady controlled flow juice :yes
and if any of my stuff gets zapped APC owes me a $50,000 check :D

I had this happen yesterday. Box completely would not respond. Tried soft resets, uplugging for 10 minutes, etc...

Called E* and spoke to advanced tech support. Pretty knowledgeable tech. He advised known software bug. Leave it alone for 30 minutes (plugged in). I did and when I pushed the power button on the front it turned on.

This happened after I turned the box on after setting on OTA digital all day while I was at work and then changed channels (down). The first sat channel down in the list was the interactive weather channel. Don't know if this was related to the problem but I have locked the channel (never used it anyway).

I have been fairly happy with 269 but I think this can be added to the bug list.

OdiOdin said:
...and if any of my stuff gets zapped APC owes me a $50,000 check :D
I think you misunderstand. The APC protection guarantee will pay to replace the attached equipment with a maximum payout of up to $50K. They might as well say $1 million - because you can't plug that much gear into a single unit anyway. :)

This has happened to me a couple times now and its really annoying, especially when there is something you want to watch on tv at like 10pm, but you realize its not turning on. Unplug, wait a few minutes, plug back in, wait a while and it will finally come back on. But by then you've missed the first 10-15 minutes of the show.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)