DVR Service
$6.00

Protection Plan
$6.00

Starz - 30th Anniv
$0.00

Monthly Charges
$81.99

Is getting 2 vip 612's the best, cheapest option to get HD DVR in 2 rooms? I have vip 622 dual tuner HD DVR in my in my living room but want to get HD(1080i) in my bedroom, right now it's only SD. Looking for the cheapest option. This is what I'm paying now.

Cheapest ... add a 211k (buy it for 120 if you have to) and get the EHD option turned on. You won't be able to take the drive to your other receiver, but its 7 a month. Add another 612 and its .. 10 dollars? And since you already have a DVR you pay the DVR fee .. if you add an EHD you can move it between two 612's. (double check that the 612 can take an EHD though, I'm not up to snuff on all the receivers)

One option is getting a 211 and pay the one-time $40 fee to add an external hard drive and convert it to a DVR. The 211 is an additional $7/month
EDIT: TG2 beat me.

The most cost effective option would be 2 ViP211/211k receivers. This would eliminate the monthly $6 DVR fee (if you are not keeping the 622). You would have to pay a one time $40 activation fee for the EHD (External Hard Drive) feature. The second receiver would only have a fee of $7 per month with the 211 as opposed to the $10 montly fee from the $612. The other thing that you may want to consider is that the 211 only has one satellite tuner, and the 612 has two that you can record on. I would also recommend getting signed up with HD Free for Life, because it would save you an additional $10 per month. If you have any other questions or need help getting this set up just send me a PM with your phone or account number. Thanks!

You are able to connect an EHD to the ViP612 and you can move an EHD between two 612's as long as they are on the same account.

if you add an EHD you can move it between two 612's. (double check that the 612 can take an EHD though, I'm not up to snuff on all the receivers)

I think building an archive of programs with the 211 would be difficult. I have 11 drives.
It is not hard with the 612/622/... series as you have the internal drive to copy to/from.
(I have 2 722s and son uses 622. It takes a long time to reorganize them but impossible with 211 AFAIK.)
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts