TV 2 no sound

TCarson

Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
I have a Dish 500 with a dvr 625. I hooked up 2 lines from the dish to the dvr and TV 1 works great. I ran a coax from the out 21-60 port to the rf port on tv2 with modulator on 60. I have good picture but the sound is static like you have a snowy screen. I hooked up another tv same thing, change coax same thing. I change channels on the modulation same thing. I assume the box is bad does anyone agree or is there something im missing.

Thanks
TC

WHy when I call dish will they not send me a new box and let me send them the defective box. I have been a dish customer since the days of Primestar. They have sent me boxes to replace defective ones and I send back the old one but now they have to send a tech out to check it. I just went through an hour of tech support 2 levels and did everything i spelled out above. I requested they not send a technician since its no problem to hook up and I would have to take off work or schedule my weekend to meet him. It would take about 10 minutes tops to make this switch but the csr would not budge. I then asked to speak with her supervisior to see if they could make the call to send me a box. She said ok and hung up on me. Nice.

Try hooking up tv2 to tv1, the receiver is already sitting there. See what it does.

Have you worked with tech support to check all your settings? Just a shot in the dark. What are the setting under System Set up- Audio Options on TV1? I doubt it is a receiver problem, just a setting problem.

Have you tried unplugging the receiver for a couple minutes, then plugging it back in? I had a similar problem a few years ago with my 622 (it wasn't static but it was no sound whatsoever on TV2) and unplugging the receiver fixed it. Note that this is different than simply rebooting the receiver.

Have you tried unplugging the receiver for a couple minutes, then plugging it back in? I had a similar problem a few years ago with my 622 (it wasn't static but it was no sound whatsoever on TV2) and unplugging the receiver fixed it. Note that this is different than simply rebooting the receiver.
I'm getting the no sound on TV2 problem right now with my 722. I was watching it earlier just fine this evening, left it on and went into the kitchen for 20 minutes for dinner and came back to silence. At first I thought I had just muted the TV before I left, but that wasn't it. I can't reboot/unplug at the moment as my hockey game is recording now. TV1 is fine, and even though the current recording is on tuner2, I can view and hear the recording just fine on TV1, just not TV2.

I'm getting the no sound on TV2 problem right now with my 722. I was watching it earlier just fine this evening, left it on and went into the kitchen for 20 minutes for dinner and came back to silence. At first I thought I had just muted the TV before I left, but that wasn't it. I can't reboot/unplug at the moment as my hockey game is recording now. TV1 is fine, and even though the current recording is on tuner2, I can view and hear the recording just fine on TV1, just not TV2.
DISH Network has been having intermittent audio issues since last night. A front panel reset usually resolves the issue. I do understand about having to wait for the game to finish. If it doesn't fix the issue, please PM me and I will assist further. Thank you!

That was another issue all together which was traced back to the broadcast feed itself. Matt was able to determine that customer received that specific channel. Two separate audio issues.

Last edited:
make sure nothing is plugged into tv 2 composite out (rca)
I had a s/c where the kid came home for x-mas and tried to hook up the dvd player and pluged it into the tv 2 out on the dvr.
this will Fuzz or kill the rf output for tv 2
if thats not it test for auido from the # 2 rca output on the dvr
if you have sound there then your modulator is bad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts