322 - Tuner 2 low signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

quarterwave

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 21, 2009
Ohio
Just changed a 301 / DP Dish 500 setup to a 322 / DPP separator / DPP LNB / single coax - always had 80-90 signal on 110 & 119 with old setup.

Signal level with the 322 is a little lower 75-85 on both...and Tuner 2 was a little lower than that. Tuner 1 works fine, or at least it has for the last hour. Tuner 2 though, now says it has lost connection and if I check the signal through the tuner 2 side, it shows little to no signal on 110 or 119...although it does show some, on some transponders, but not nearly enough...like 10-20 in some cases.
Working through the setup and testing on Tuner 1 - I can switch it to 2 in the signal screen, and get ok levels. But, when Tuner 1 is on, and then you turn 2 on, the levels are low to gone. Check switch comes back ok.

Confused and dazed...and tired.

Could be a bad separator, cable, or tuner on the receiver. I'd start with the separator, and cable from the separator if you have them.

Also try resetting the receiver if you haven't

Or, if you'd like to have someone come out, feel free to PM your phone number or account number

Last edited:
Yeah, same cable thats always been good. If I flip the separator outputs, and the problem moves to tuner 1, that should tell me it is the separator or not, right?
I went through alot of hassle to get this thing up and running (couldnt be activated, although it is NEW...had to get card) so between the 301 slowly and aggravatingly going out...and then getting the 322 and having to wait on a DPP LNB for 7 days.....just hat to think another NEW item is bad.

Older home? If that means coax...its about 10 years old...60ft run from rx to dish.

301 was intermittantly saying smartcard is missing, then about a second later start playing again as normal....prgressively getting worse. Was doing some other tricks too, sticking, picture dropping (audio ok) (not signal loss, just picture).

if you have a ground prong adapter try using it and leave the receiver ground out of it. I'm just grasping at straws here but have seen grounding cause issues an your 301 probably only had a two prong plug, your 322 has a grounded three prong.

I'm going to play with the separator, and I ordered a new one last night just in case (since they are cheap), I'll try that ground trick, and put through some more paces.

Thanks for replying - all!

Guys, could I have messed up the Separator by hooking up my 322 and it to the old LNB first....I changed the LNB after that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts