Best HD Receiver???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kevindef

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 12, 2004
Looking to replace my Sony Sat-HD100. What is the best choice? I was originally looking at the Sony HD300, but then saw that the LG LSS-3200A was essentially the same, but for less money. My remote is a Sony RM AV3000 but I don't see any codes for the LG listed. I need to make sure that I get a receiver that will work with that remote or my wife will not be happy. She wants just 1 button to turn things on. If anyone knows of a code that will work that would be great. Is the LG the best going right now? I found this receiver for $449 on-line. Any others worth considering?

You need to make sure you can find the lg and or the sony before you make plans. and fyi if you are buying off of ebay be careful there are some unscrupulous people that have been reported here selling these very boxes. i have the sony hd300 and i paid 449 for mine. i would also check best buy, circuit city for open box buys , i bought a second sony hd300 at a great price there. I also have 1 sammy 160, an rca dtc 100 (first generation) and an rca dtc210 , other people have reperted alot of issues with this box but i have not had any problems, it replaced a sammy 360 that was junk. although i do think they in the very least use the same software as the guide is exactly the same
as are the setup programs and menus

100% agree about being very careful when checking ebay reps and the "wording" of ALL auction terms. I got each of my D* HD boxes under $250 shipped on ebay and saved a ton of money.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)