Best Hidden IPhone Apps

BobMurdoch

Playing XBoxOne SeriesX/Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 12, 2003
Brielle, NJ
OK, I got an Iphone 2 months ago and am looking for some new Apps to load. The usual scanning through through the top 50 in each category yields the usual suspects, but I'm looking for the truly useful ones that many have not heard about.

Any suggestions?

(PLEASE - don't say USA Today, MSNBC, etc..... I'm looking for more obscure ones that won't come up in a top 50 search)

Well. I'm jb'd so I'll try and remember which ones are from the App Store.

Kayak - for travel, lists flight schedules, prices, etc.

WorldView - not necessarily useful, put it has webcams from all over the world, pretty fun if you get bored

Wolfgang's Vault - if you like music and especially 70's stuff, lots of old King Biscuit Power Hour shows and such

TVUPlayer - I just downloaded this one last night, try the free version first to see how your streaming speed is, basically just streams random TV stations from around the world

Those are a few off the radar ones I can think off. Of course there are alot more for jb phones.

OOTunes

This app is pretty much a OTA radio and internet radio app. You can tune into just about any radio station around the world that streams its broadcast.

It is $20, but it is well worth it if you are looking for an OTA radio app.

iHeart Radio

Free app to tune into any clear channel channel from around the country.

Found a few more.....

Gasbag.... uses the GPS function to find the closest gas stations to your position, along with prices in some cases so you can find the best values nearby.....

SitandSquat -- Yeah, kinda icky name, but when your kids gotta go, this one will find the closest open bathrooms...

OOTunes

This app is pretty much a OTA radio and internet radio app. You can tune into just about any radio station around the world that streams its broadcast.

It does pretty good on Edge. I road about 100 miles without 3g and had only a few drop outs with this app. This and Sling are my most used apps.

Sprint/Cellular South HTC Hero

HAVA Wireless Player for IPhone Released