Best Hopper Route

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

StarScan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 1, 2013
North Liberty, Indiana
I currently have 3 hoppers and 5 joeys. I'm wanting to add a 4th hopper and 3 more joeys to get me at 12 rooms.

What would be the cheaper route receiver fee wise, add the 4th hopper or get 2 hopper 3s?

Sent from my SM-G935V using the SatelliteGuys app!

I currently have 3 hoppers and 5 joeys. I'm wanting to add a 4th hopper and 3 more joeys to get me at 12 rooms.

What would be the cheaper route receiver fee wise, add the 4th hopper or get 2 hopper 3s?

Sent from my SM-G935V using the SatelliteGuys app!
It should go without saying, you would save $15 a month with 2 H3s.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Not to mention the performance gains of the H3 itself, plus the fact it would include upgrades of your regular Joeys to the mildly faster Joey 2 models. Each Hopper 3 can support up to SIX Joeys, so that would cover the 12 rooms.

Only real downside would be the reduction in total recording space of two H3 compared to three (or four) Hoppers, if recording space is an issue for the OP.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Then 2 H3s it will be! My contract will be up sometime in August this year. Will I need to wait til then to upgrade?
You shouldn't need to wait. In fact, it may be better to do the upgrade sooner, since the new contract extends the commitment until two years after the date you sign the new contract, not two years after the date your old contract would have expired. So, doing the upgrade sooner means a slightly shorter commitment.

Since the DPH42 has been released does this mean I will be able to use my 1000.4ea with the H3s? I'll call Monday about the upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
Provided the DPH-42 is available to the installer, yes your present dish configuration is fine. That is the qualifier though, the 42 switch is so new not everyone has has them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts