Best iview and homeworx?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

vcr1980

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 4, 2018
Does anyone recommend the iview or homeworx for simple OTA recording?

I like that I wouldn't have to connect internet with it.
Unfortunately, it would probably become obsolete once ATSC 3.0 goes in to effect. But maybe they'll make converter boxes for ATSC 3.0 too!

They also seem clunky and maybe hard to use but being so simple would make them worth it for the short-term? I wish I had a working VCR -- just basic recording when you are not home!

They are better than nothing, but too simple for me, like old-school vcr recording. I have a Tivo Roamio with 4 tuners. If I didn't, I'd likely get a Tablo Quad.

I need and VALUE good guide data. PSIP doesn't have that, as the stations have decided to cripple it and not provide more than 24 hours max. That's pitiful...

Even if ATSC 3.0 meets the criteria to become the new standard, DTV will be around for at least five years. Not a big deal on something you dropped less than $40 on. If you spent $200 or more on something that can't be upgraded, that may be cause for concern.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)