Best iview and homeworx?

Discussion in 'Over the Air TV By RabbitEars.Info' started by vcr1980, Jun 28, 2019.

1. vcr1980

vcr1980 Topic Starter SatelliteGuys Family

Does anyone recommend the iview or homeworx for simple OTA recording?

I like that I wouldn't have to connect internet with it.
    Unfortunately, it would probably become obsolete once ATSC 3.0 goes in to effect. But maybe they'll make converter boxes for ATSC 3.0 too!

They also seem clunky and maybe hard to use but being so simple would make them worth it for the short-term? I wish I had a working VCR -- just basic recording when you are not home!

2. primestar31

primestar31 SatelliteGuys Master

They are better than nothing, but too simple for me, like old-school vcr recording. I have a Tivo Roamio with 4 tuners. If I didn't, I'd likely get a Tablo Quad.

I need and VALUE good guide data. PSIP doesn't have that, as the stations have decided to cripple it and not provide more than 24 hours max. That's pitiful...

3. harshness

harshness SatelliteGuys Master

Even if ATSC 3.0 meets the criteria to become the new standard, DTV will be around for at least five years. Not a big deal on something you dropped less than $40 on. If you spent $200 or more on something that can't be upgraded, that may be cause for concern.

4. Comptech

Comptech SatelliteGuys Pro

My 3 year old Homeworx gets EPG data fine. Only problem I have, is if I don't power it down for 4 or 5 days lip sync get of a bit and have to reboot it.

Separate names with a comma.

More...