VHF Antennas for RF 4 and 7

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Captain Midnight

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 16, 2019
Greers Ferry, Arkansas
Found these in a ditch today! Measurements and dipole calculation shows they are for Ch 4 and 7. Makes sense because the local NBC and ABC were 4 and 7.

How good would this RF4 antenna work for the rest of the low VHF band? I need something for my system that can catch low band to go with my Televes UHF and Stellar Labs Hi band yagi.

Attachments

• 20221031_212343.jpg
    20221031_212343.jpg
    631.1 KB · Views: 167
  • 20221031_212414.jpg
    20221031_212414.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 136
Are you looking to pick up a specific signal on channels 2, 3 or 5 or do you have VHF DX-ing in mind?
I'm wanting to DX the low band. None of my market local uses it. WMC in Memphis is still on RF5 and around 100 miles away. I am thinking about maybe modifying it with a dipole for RF2 and maybe RF6. But I am curious on how efficient it is currently for the entire Low band as-is.

Reactions: N5XZS and FTA4PA
I'm wanting to DX the low band. None of my market local uses it. WMC in Memphis is still on RF5 and around 100 miles away. I am thinking about maybe modifying it with a dipole for RF2 and maybe RF6. But I am curious on how efficient it is currently for the entire Low band as-is.
It sounds as if you are already quite knowledgable. That said, there is no way to know for sure without playing around with it (and that is the fun part).

Reactions: FTA4PA
Same here too Albuquerque's TV metro areas don't have VHF low band stations and yet have to see any new FCC CP.

Planing to use for TV DXing. :hungry

Very interested in how good is the VHF low band antenna performance is? :hungry :hatsoff