best lnb to upgrade to SWM

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

peterson65

Original poster
Nov 17, 2017
USA
I have a 2 h24/700 boxes and still have a slimline dish with the old 5 lnb. its getting weathered looking and wanted to upgrade to SWM LNB but there are at least 3 styles I am seeing I don't watch Spanish channels but I do watch HD.so does it matter if I get 13 or 21 channel lnb? I read somewhere that some manufactures had problems and eagle aspen made was better?
thanks for any info

:welcome to Satelliteguys peterson65!

If you care about a few music channels that are only on 119, then get a 5 lnb swm, otherwise the 3 lnb is fine. With only four tuners in the mix, either 13 or 21 channel model would be fine. I'll leave it to the installers to give advice on which one is more reliable.

If your going 4K anytime soon, go with the Reverse Band one.
As for 3 or 5, thats up to you depending on if you need anything off the 119 Sat, most don't.

If your going to replace it get a reverse band. Either SL3 or SL5. Unless you speak Spanish there is nothing of value on 119 or 110 as Directv only has service at 110 to screw Charlie out of 3 transponders.

so this would be fine? only changing it because I will upgrade eventually and I want to replace all the coax so if I am doing that then I might as well go with swm and 1 wire to the lnb

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 213
so this would be fine? only changing it because I will upgrade eventually and I want to replace all the coax so if I am doing that then I might as well go with swm and 1 wire to the lnb
Thats the older analog Slimline-3 SWiM Ka/Ku band model which supports up to 8 tuners.

It will work fine with your present setup of only 2 HR24s, but not a good selection for future proofing.

I would recommend one of the new digital 2nd gen. Reverse Band capable SWiM LNBs with up to 21 tuner support such as here.

DIRECTV Digital Reverse Band 3 UltraHD 4K LNB (3D2RBLNB) from Solid Signal

Though I wouldn't purchase it at Solid Signal. (I like them and they have great CS, but as an approved DIRECTV 3rd party reseller, they're just too expensive).

Search on ebay for the DIRECTV "3D2LNBRB-01" LNB or that same model number with a "-02" ending for much better prices.

sorry I posted the wrong picture, this is the one I was looking at. I read somewhere that eagle aspen made was the best. but if the one in the link to solid signal is good then I will look for en of those type

Attachments

• s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 199
sorry I posted the wrong picture, this is the one I was looking at. I read somewhere that eagle aspen made was the best. but if the one in the link to solid signal is good then I will look for en of those type
That is one of the new 2nd gen. digital SWiM LNBs, with up to 21 tuner support.

But has no Reverse Band capability ....

So if you don't think you may upgrade to 4K service anytime soon. Then it will work fine for now and the future ...

That is one of the new 2nd gen. digital SWiM LNBs, with up to 21 tuner support.

But has no Reverse Band capability ....

So if you don't think you may upgrade to 4K service anytime soon. Then it will work fine for now and the future ...

ok, thanks I have no plans to get 4k yet but if I do then I am ready so I will get the reverse band

It’s 13 channel support. It can’t do 21 channels ...

As I've said many times though, I know 13 SWiM channels is the official line from DIRECTV engineering.

But I've had both a non-RB "3D2LNBR0-01"
And now a RB capable "5D2RBLNBR0-01," and both support 15 and 17 tuners respectively on my setup just fine. And in the receiver info. settings they (5 HR24s and a HR54 Genie) all say 22 SWiM channels (including the guide channel).

As I've said many times though, I know 13 SWiM channels is the official line from DIRECTV engineering.

And now a RB capable "5D2RBLNBR0-01," and both support 15 and 17 tuners respectively on my setup just fine. And in the receiver info. settings they (5 HR24s and a HR54 Genie) all say 22 SWiM channels (including the guide channel).

I think the genie allows more than 13

I know a Dswm 30 will support 6 genies

I have a SL3 RB -for 4K and in the menu Setting it shows 22 Swm Channels (1) be for the guide The reason for the 13 Line is because of the HS-17 as you can NOT have any older Tuners on your account SO 13 is Why it's Stated that way.

Solid Signal Blog - Get to know "Tuner Math" - 2017/2018 edition

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)