Best lnd to use, for FTA set ups?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Railin7

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 7, 2007
Best lnb to use, for FTA set ups?

I have been looking at Sodoun satellite sales, and have a few things to get straightened out.

Now all the satellites listed here for all the different nationalities, and what not... If you were to pick them up with a stationary set up what LNB do you need to have and can you use that same lnb for all the satellites? If not could someone point me to a guide that shows what lnb is needed for what fta sat? And I imagine if I were to do a motorized set-up the same lnb would be used?

Also, I will be using a 36" dish since I heard you will get better signal str off it. What is the best, and cheapest receiver to pick up regular non hd sats in a stationary set-up, and whats the best for a motorized set up?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!:D

Last edited:
short list to get you started

36": good choice
LNB:
- any linear LNB (not circular) for regular FTA
- Could be Standard or Universal, either is fine.
- if you want NASA or Angel One off 119º circular, then a dual circular/linear LNB would be useful (Invacom QPH-031)
Receiver:
- Mercury II
- Visionsat IV-200 (does PVR with user-supplied USB hard drive)
- Pansat 3500sd
- Traxis 3500
All have blind scan feature.

Here is the page for the FTA LNBFs
FREE TO AIR LNB LNBF Dual Single DSS Standard and Universal

The KUL1 (for a single receiver) or KUL2 (for a multiple receivers) should be your basic choice for FTA satellites.

THE QPH-031 has both Linear & Circular LNBFs built-in. This LNBF has a lower Noise Figure (0.3 dB vs 0.4dB for the KUL1,2).

Have fun and Good Luck with your new hobby.

Do you sell any kits with a 36" dish the mount, lnb and receiver? I see 31" kits... I dont really need any extras like cable and what not.

they do, select a kit that is close to what you want then you'll see that you can upgrade certain portions of the kit to tweak it to your needs. like increasing the size of the dish or upgrading the lnb.

Ive got the invacom qph-031 and its an excellent lnb, the noise figure is truely great. its rated at 0.3db and Ive used lnb's that are rated at 0.4db and there is no comparison. many of the 0.4db lnb's Ive used (including the bullets sold with the glorystar package) are only slightly better then a 0.6db. the invacom has an incredibly low noise floor in comparison.

Do you sell any kits with a 36" dish the mount, lnb and receiver? I see 31" kits... I dont really need any extras like cable and what not.

Yes, we do.

Check for example the M-2 system here:
Motorized Free To Air Satellite system will allow you to move the dish to several satellites to watch more channels.  A powerful solution if your favorite channels are available over several satellites. The receiver's remote control will actually con

After you add the basic system to the cart using the YELLOW button, you can use the drop down menu below it, to select upgrade options. Call us if you need some help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.