Best low-lag HDTVs for serious gamers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

I am happy with the performance of my Toshiba 46" LED for gaming. I don't know what the exact display lag is but reviews from gamers are one of the things I looked at closely when researching for my purchase. I like to use the standard picture mode with my own adjustments when watching TV or Blu-ray. I can definitely tell the difference when I forget to switch the TV into game mode before gaming sessions though. First person shooters are unplayable in standard mode on my TV.

HD33 projectors have 30 ms of lag...I love gaming on a 100" screen especially when you throw 3D in the mix!

I would love to switch to a big 100" projector setup like the one linked to in the BenQ section of that article. Unfortunately the projector, screen, and work I would want to do it right aren't in the budget right now. I'm not even sure if the room I game in is big enough to give the projector enough distance from the screen even if it was in my current budget.

The only time I've had lag issues is when I played Rock Band on my 48" LCD that was connected through a Stereo Receiver, which could be adjusted within the game itself. Other than that I think most televisions are okay. This article makes it sound like if you don't buy one of these 4 tvs you're screwed..

Why would someone be in rush to die at my hands, I'll never know since I can travel back and time and steal souls too. So go ahead...buy your expensive TVs, controllers and cheats, but they won't do you any good when you square-off against Jimmy_The_Reaper. :dev

I wish they would have posted a top 10 or their full results and not just the 4 listed.

Game mode on a Sony HX750.. I don't notice any lag.

Cheers, K

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts