"Best Offer of the Year" ends today, what is tomorrow's offer?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jhaifley

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 21, 2006
Columbus, OH
I am thinking of switching from E* to D* and am looking on D*'s website at pricing. It says that the "best offer of the year" ends today. Does anyone know what will change in pricing tomorrow?

I am thinking of switching from E* to D* and am looking on D*'s website at pricing. It says that the "best offer of the year" ends today. Does anyone know what will change in pricing tomorrow?

I think it's the Sunday Ticket offer ($69.99 for four months for ST but you get Premium package for free for the same four months) that ends today.

I'll see if I can find it, but there was another post about this - I think they're just going back to what they had before the ST deal, which is basically $10/mo. off for a year...

I would think it will be an HD focussed offer. The sunday ticket promo is ending.

The site is down now, when it comes back up we'll know.

NFL Sunday ticket promotion according to the dealer website ends 10/31/07. It is unusual for D* to have multiple promotions running at the same time but it seems you have the choice right now.

I called and told them I wanted to switch from Dish but couldn't give up sd-DVR and HD-rcvr so she gave me the Sunday ticket promotion and $10 off per for 10 months. So had to pay $100 because instant rebate was only on one or the other.

Installer comes Friday and unless Dish adds Smithsonian, I'll keep the appointment. I know E* has limited capacity and that means very limited new HD. Plus, I cant wait to see Speed and CSTV in HD.

I just came bak to D* (may god have mercy on my soul). Earliest install I could get was 11/7. I ended up with the Subnday ticket, free superfan, $10/month off for 12 months, $100 rebate. I had to pay for one HR20 up front, the other will be billed over 3 months. Hurts to pay that much, but I hate my Comcast and I'm paying $26/month in DVR rentals from them anyway. So over the 2 years of the contract it comes pretty close.

Here is the new offers in a nutshell:

$10 off any package except family for 1 year, $120 net savings.
Except Premier - it is $33 off for 3 months, still $100 net savings.

Same equipment promo - 1 free HD or DVR, or $100 off an HD/DVR making the HR20 $199.

$50 Gift Card when you signup for Auto-pay.

3 months Free Showtime & Starz with a package of Choice Xtra or better.

Kind of weak promotion with the new HD launch, I expected something bolder. No inspration to get premier at all - less savings that the others, and you don't get the savings from the 3 months free Show/Starz.

What I think they should do is a free HD/DVR and Free HD access for a year in addition to the $39.99 1 year price lock for Choice - that would get some new subs quick - and have a $66/mo minimium revenue after the first year (Choice + HD + DVR)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)