Best option for HD to 2nd TV?

ksat1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
We signed up for DISH last January through The Dishstore, and currently have the AT100 pkg $32.99 + HD Ultimate $20.00 + DHPP $5.99 (which has been a promotional freebie for the past 12 mths). So, our bill will now be approx. $60/mth. We have a VIP222, but over the holidays bought a second HDTV, and it would be nice to have an HD signal to that one as well, instead of SD for TV2.

I've not done any research, thought I'd start here. I don't even know what sort of HD packages DISH has now. Any suggestions on possible equipment options to get HD to 2 tv's? We have an 18 month contract, so is it even possible to make upgrades/changes prior to that time?

Can't really afford to increase our monthly cost by much, and don't think we need any additional channels, so any help with current promotions or upgrade options to keep us in that $ range would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Kevin.

You can lease a ViP211 for another $7/month with maybe a little up front. You likely won't get any deals like you did when you signed up so the up front cost is likely to be around $100.

You can log into the DISH Network website and check to see what is available to you.

As I understand it you've been with them for a year already? We just found ourselves in a similar situation and, like you had a 222. However, we had been having fits with our 222 (as have others I've since come to find out).

Anyway I called and was told that they were going to charge me $75 each for 2 replacement HD receivers (model 211) but somewhere in the formula there was a $50 credit so the net outlay to replace my P.O.S. 222 was still going to be $100.

I said no, I would cancel, in fact lets just go ahead and cancel. Yes I know I have a contract termination fee, but I've had enough with this 'blankety-blank' 222. Please cancel me and I'll call DirecTV.

"One moment sir, I'll have to transfer you to the department that handles that"

I got transferred (and you will too) to a "Customer Loyalty" representative, whose job it is to smooth-over ruffled feathers and do what they can to keep you. It was obviously someone here in the US...... alas I digress. "How can I help you?" he asks.

I did not say that I had another new TV, but I did mention we were considering one & most of all that we were totally fed-up with all the problems we'd had the past year with the 222 constantly having to be rebooted and if it was going to cost me anything besides an additional receiver lease charge to replace the 222 with 2 individual receivers that I was going to cancel and go to DirecTV.

That's really all it took The fellow said we can do this and that I shouldn't have to pay anything (except the addt'l $7 + tax), but it would result in my contract being renewed for another 24 months. That's fine.

It really was that simple. The tech showed up as scheduled the following weekend, ran in another coax line and voila' just like that we have two brand-new 211k receivers. I checked my bill online and found it to be correct.

The 211k receivers are really nice too. No more reboots, no more lockups, run much cooler and for a single one time payment of $39.99 they're both magically converted to DVRs and all I had to provide was a couple external (USB) hard drives. Arguably too soon to brag too loudly, I've only had 'em a couple weeks, but so far the wife & I are ecstatic!

Glad you had a positive experience! I've installed more than a few 211k's and I really like their size and how easy to use they are. They will be my first choice if I jump ship when my D* contract is up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)