Best Option for Upgrade

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Gebo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 5, 2008
I currently have a 311 running a separate SD TV in the bathroom. Wife watches this while putting her face on in the mornings.
I have a 625 with DVR in our main TV room running a SD TV.
I have a 811 hooked to our HD Basement TV that gets used for video games 95% of the time and only 5% useage as a TV.
The family just won't go downstairs! My son loves the fact he gets his own private video setup in HD!

I just got a letter from Dish in the mail telling me to get my "free" HD upgraded receiver. In looking at my overall situation, what should I do? I cannot move the HD from downstairs to the upstairs. IF I don't care about HD at present, what would you do? At some point, we probably will have a HD in our upstairs TV room.

If you do not upgrade your 811 to a ViP211 you will have no HD via satellite come August.

The 211 install should be just a connect up inside. What dish(es) do you have on the roof?

To get the full spectrum of HD available you will need either a 1000.2 or your current Dish500 plus a side dish looking at 61.5.

Be aware that this may also change the Dish HD package that you are subscribed to (if you are on the legacy HD package - $10/month), and thusly increase your monthly bill.

I might take the "free" upgrade, with the stipulation that my monthly bill does not change, because later you might have to pony up $50-100 or so to move to a ViP receiver.

Another thing - the ViP receiver will be leased, not owned, but lease fee on first HD receiver shoulf be waived with proper programming package.

My roof dish has 1000 with 3 LNB's pointing at it.

So there's no point in upgrading my 625? Will I still need 3 receivers?

How would I get the "proper HD package?"

Also, is there any true value in the HPP? IS it worth $6/month?

Thanks, Gebo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts