Best OTA?? Guess I gotta try again

GeorgeLV said:
Most of the people with reception issues in Vegas live right up against the mountains in Henderson..

Ahh, I live in Anthem, so that is probably the problem. I'm tired of it, my contract is up this winter and then I will probably go back to cable.

If all the towers are 5 miles from you as you say I would pay radioshack a visit and get one you install on the roof, all my towers are within 30 miles and i pull them all in easily. Lots of trees here so my antenna sits 20 feet above my roofline. Plus i use it for FM, works great.

How does your picture look on analog? If most of your digital channels are on VHF then see how well your picture looks in the 2-13 range. If the analogs look clear then I think the digitals might be coming too strong. If they look bad then you probably don't have an antenna designed for VHF.

I'd try cheap $10 rabbit ears. You want one with the long poles, the poles are VHF and the loop is UHF. I live 21 miles from my transmitters and can pick up all the major channels with a UHF loop. I still use a roof top for reliability though.

Finally it might be worth your time for ota, in Phoenix we have two local stations with HD that are not carried by anyone. One has local Diamondbacks games in HD, the other is just My network Tv but is soon expected to carry the local Suns games in HD.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts