Best place to get a tube for mounting

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Wesro

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2008
Eufaula, Alabama
I moved my Slimline dish from the roof to a pole mount today. The pole is just slightly smaller than what I need so the dish will not tighten down on the pole. I guess I can watch tv until the wind blows. :)

I have checked all over my little town and no one has 2" OD Tubing for the dish. Any ideas as where to get it from off the internet?

Also, the way I sighted the dish was to peg out 101 first then use the elelvation and then the dither to peak 99 and 103?

Thanks

Some people have reported finding 2 in. OD posts at fencing suppliers. Here's a link to an online source of heavy-duty steel masts, but they're not cheap and shipping would add to the cost:

You can use flashing to fill the gap. It's not the best solution, but it works.

I got in touch with a local fence company and he said he has what I need. I was surprised how easy is was to sight the Slimline dish in with just the meter from the HR20.

The pole that the fence company had worked fine. Had it peaked in about 5 minutes. Surprised how easy that project went. Most projects I do make me want to cry after about 20 minutes.

The pole that the fence company had worked fine. Had it peaked in about 5 minutes. Surprised how easy that project went. Most projects I do make me want to cry after about 20 minutes.

You did go the Concrete route, right, not just drop it in the ground .... ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)